1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys fans: still want Manizel now?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dcstands4, Aug 5, 2013.

1. kiheikiwi

kiheikiwi Maui No Ka Oi

687 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Um hell no ! Saty as far away as possible. Not a RKG...
  2. Wheeltax

Wheeltax Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    384 Likes Received
    The more I think about it the less I want him. I think that if he can get his stuff together he can be a successful NFL QB; size not withstanding, he has the hands. As said before, not a RKG.
  3. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,577 Messages
    572 Likes Received

I never wanted him to start with. He's played one season. I thought all along that people needed to tap the breaks a bit and see how his college career played out before they started this thought process. It would appear at this point that the guy doesn't have the best head on his shoulders. He seems like another Ryan Leaf disaster (maybe not in terms of bust because of how highly touted Leaf was and being the second pick and all) waiting to happen.
  4. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Off-the-field stuff aside, I've just never really been a fan of his game in terms of translating to the NFL from what we've seen SO FAR. Sure he can improvise and make plays on the move but he hasn't shown enough as a pocket passer yet. And yes, even though there is a wave of read-option QBs in the NFL now, let's compare him to the successful ones so far like RG3, Russell Wilson, and Kaepernick. In the case of the first two QBs, they showed ability to be a pocket passer in college in addition to their running skills. In Kaepernick's case, he isn't as good of a passer yet (he can still zip the ball though) but he's much bigger than Manziel.

Gotta see what Manziel does this season in terms of developing his game but I'm sure it will be hard with all the media distractions and the target on his back now.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,951 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    He's a dousche. Wouldn't shock me if he's turns out to be a huge headcase.
  6. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,295 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    One of the problems with the NFL is that it's now against the rules to have a personality.
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

2,897 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    He got an "OVO" tattoo on his wrist... can't believe I ever wanted this kid in a Cowboys uniform. He's a huge ******.

[IMG]
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

14,963 Messages
    217 Likes Received
  9. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    what does ovo stand for? Google search showed it's a rappers brand but please tell me kids these days wouldn't actually get a tattoo of this
  10. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,295 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    In the sixties, you had qbs like Joe Namath, Don Meredith, Sonny Jurgensen, Fran Tarkenton, etc who had big personalities. Now it's all Aaron Rodgerses. It's a problem for the league, actually. Once Peyton retires, the league is short on stars.
  11. IAmLegend

2,897 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    That's exactly what it is: The rapper Drake's "brand." It stand for 'Octobers Very Own,' because Drake was born in October. Johnny wears OVO clothing all the time too, but getting that tattooed on his wrist is douchebaggery of the highest order.
  12. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

864 Messages
    367 Likes Received
    umm ok wow this is a whole different level of idiocy
  13. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,334 Messages
    723 Likes Received
    It isn't too much of a problem. The NFL seems to be doing just fine. Of all the major sports, the NFL is the least dependent on the number of stars as related to its level of success.
  14. durrrr

durrrr Active Member

719 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    Forget all the off-the-field crap. Wildly unimpressed with his arm/throws today. Not driving the ball at all on his throws, just throwing it up + soft lobs on deeper balls.
  15. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,819 Messages
    303 Likes Received
    That pick for a TD wasn't really his fault, but let's be honest, the guy is overrated and is being exposed this year.
  16. panchucko

panchucko I'm too excited to sleep.. Zone Supporter

1,927 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    I hadn't seen him play until today. He got a lot of yards and some TD's I have to wonder if he is a product of the system. I am watching OSU-CAL, CAL QB Goff, seems to be just like him. In this wide open fast paced offense. I hope he doesn't come to Dallas.
  17. IAmLegend

2,897 Messages
    626 Likes Received
    He's a doucher who gets all day to throw and seems to always have luck on his side. He won't get that kind of time in the NFL and those lob passes wont work in the NFL, at least not very often.
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,162 Messages
    1,340 Likes Received
    All the hate and OVO stuff aside I just don't know how he'll be in the NFL.

He's accurate and can buy time. Thats 2 huuuge positives for a QB.

The question is can he make plays when he is contained in the pocket.

He'll kill it in the 2 minute drill. I just don't know what he'll do from the pocket because he doesn't have a very big arm.

I think the Eagles will draft this guy.
  19. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

2,929 Messages
    538 Likes Received
    Manziel will need to be in a certain system, but he can definitely succeed in the NFL. Has anyone seen Wilson play QB recently? He's no bigger and his arm isn't much stronger. Wouldn't take him in the 1st, but a late 2nd/3rd would be a good pick in my opinion.
  20. IAmLegend

2,897 Messages
    626 Likes Received