1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fire Skip Peete

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 7, 2013.

1. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,814 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
    if he is so great at play calling then why do we start so slow all the time?
  2. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Garrett reverse scripts his plays.
  3. Flinger

Flinger Active Member

793 Messages
    76 Likes Received
    Allow me, Idgit....

Poor execution...
  4. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,501 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    You don't have issues with Garrett's play calling on offense but question Rob and his defense?

Man..... Our defense was carrying us before they got gutted by injury halfway through the season. They were playing as well as any unit in the league, and if not for that we wouldn't have won a single game the first half of the season.

They dominated NY both games, only our offense decided to not show up the 2nd meeting.

Dominated TB and CAR and won those games themselves.

Held the hottest offense in the league to 6 points halfway through the 3rd quarter in the Georgia Dome but the offense kept doing nothing with their chances.

Were taken out of the game early against CHI because the offense gave away 6 turnovers, 2 that were ran back for TDs.

And yet you come away from those games questioning what our DC is doing and signing up for more of the same from our play-caller/OC?

I'll have what he's having...
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,415 Messages
    1,024 Likes Received
    Yeah it's amazing when those 11 other guys on defense try to screw everything up for our offense.
  6. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

13,372 Messages
    847 Likes Received
    Skip had to contend with injury to DeMarco and a prematurely aged Felix and a nonexistent O line.
    Peete would be way down on my list when the firings begin.

Callahan, the O coordinator (whoever he is), DeCamillness and the GM (whoever he is) need to be fired before Skip. who, by the way, does not inpsire fitness among his running backs. And he was kinda dumb looking, too, but certainly would not be my first firing this season. Too many others who deserve the ask.
  7. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,814 Messages
    1,676 Likes Received
    sure. all the time.
  8. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    Funny thing about execution. None other than TO was on the local country radio station this morning to promote his new TV show about diving of all things.

Two friends of mine are DJs and Cowboys fans on that station. They asked TO about Jerry and what is wrong with the Cowboys.

He said it comes down to execution by the coaches and players. He only played. What does he know?
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,885 Messages
    7,627 Likes Received
    I didn't say he was great, I said I didn't have a particular problem with it.

Our first 15 plays are scripted. After that, we make adjustments based off of what we're seeing. I believe that's why we start slowly, because we either have execution errors early (especially early in the season with the WRs and the OL penalties) that put us in tough down-distance situations. As the game wears on, Tony (and Jason) figure out how to get the matchups we want, and we move the ball better.

It doesn't take too many three-and-outs to get your scripted plays running relatively late into the second quarter.
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    Galoway and Werder are saying Peete's release could be a prelude to bringing in Norv Turner.

Werder said Rob Ryan could be in trouble, too.

For whatever that's worth.

Troubling to me is that Garrett doesn't seem in control of this like he has other things during his head coaching time.
  11. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,041 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    He has the title of both.

[IMG]
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    But TO probably meant execution, as in gas chamber or the electric chair.
  13. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    Here's a quote from an AFC scout, on the firing of Skip Peete:

I'm just the messenger folks, take that FWIW.
  14. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

........is a good post: very informative, thanks man.:starspin
  15. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,973 Likes Received
    It doesn't say Running Game Coordinator. It says O-Line and OC.
  16. Idgit

31,885 Messages
    7,627 Likes Received
    Great stuff. Confused, though: AFC scout, using the pronoun 'our', talking about the Cowboys' Skip Peete?
  17. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received

He's a Cowboy fan and he talking in the context of the Cowboys.
  18. Idgit

31,885 Messages
    7,627 Likes Received
    Got it. Thanks.
  19. Bluestang

5,548 Messages
    729 Likes Received
    This read and run scheme is exactly why Garrett has said multiple times that they don't tell the ball carriers where to go on any run plays.