1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fire Skip Peete

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 7, 2013.

1. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    Not gonna get bent outta shape about this but any person who has watched this team understands that problems with the running game go much deeper than the RBs coach. Hopefully this is just the beginning of the reshaping of the coaching staff.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,052 Messages
    2,962 Likes Received
    I have been told those writers are paid to be positive.

~wink~
  3. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I for one am glad he's gone
  4. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    I believe Josh Ellis, ‏@josh_ellis11 doesn’t work for the cowboys anymore.
    Nick Eatman retweeted this to him, @nickeatman: Finally getting to say everything you've ever wanted :) “@josh_ellis11: You want to talk about a group that underperformed start at qb.”
  5. Pandora

Pandora Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hos, I mean this in the friendliest possible way, but if you were shocked, what's your explanation for the disappearing act that Lance Dunbar and Phillip Tanner pulled this season?
  6. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,720 Messages
    1,807 Likes Received

:star:
  7. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,623 Messages
    512 Likes Received
    My opinion...Tanner was an OK 1-dimensional runner, but couldn't pass block to save his life. Dunbar actually proved to be a very good blocker on punt returns. As a RB he's OK. Keep in mind, these are two undrafted players. While they showed flashes, they could very easily be out of the league next year. OK RBs grow on trees. Let's be realistic.
  8. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,614 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    They probably want someone to teach the RBs to run behind the Zone Blocking Scheme that Callahan wants to implement.
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,614 Messages
    5,772 Likes Received
    Do you think Wade Wilson leaves or gets fired?
  10. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    you say you don't know yet you give tim mcmahon credit for his comment? where is the logic?
  11. IAMKING

IAMKING Benched

1,253 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The wrong* guy.
  12. MCIWEST

MCIWEST Member

119 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    The Cowboys relieved running back coach Skip Peete of his duties Monday.

You could say the reason for the move is that somebody had to take the fall for one of the worst running attacks in the NFL in 2012. When you finish 31st overall, it might be time to evaluate the run game. You can't blame Peete for all the problems. Running back DeMarco Murray missed six games with a sprained foot. Then there were the inconsistencies of of Felix Jones, who played with two bad knees, and the offensive line.

But when Jerry Jones said changes need to happen, then somebody has to go. Peete had a year remaining on a two-year contract extension he signed in 2011.

One of the biggest problems facing Peete, whether or not it was his fault, was the lack of development with two young running backs, Lance Dunbar and Phillip Tanner. Both struggled to back up Jones during the six games Murray missed. The pair got limited snaps on special teams and were ghosts on offense the last few weeks of the regular season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
  13. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,962 Likes Received
    I didn't have them as all that great to being with. Okay, but not great.

I just liked Skip because he's a Tucson native and I had a connection there.
  14. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,962 Likes Received
    Why would I care what a Redskins fan thinks?
  15. Hostile

119,052 Messages
    2,962 Likes Received
    Depends on if John Garrett gets a HC job at the college level or not. He would take him with him to be the OC.
  16. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,128 Messages
    6,909 Likes Received
    Yeah, he left the team about two months ago.. But he was still writing game recap articles for DC.COM for awhile, so I kept him on my NFL list.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,851 Messages
    7,576 Likes Received
    Running game/OL coordinator + passing game coordinator?
  18. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    I like Garrett & he seems to be a great leader of men, but even if he loses play calling responsibilities, his game management going into the half & then at the end of the ball games is still awful. I was really hoping we woke up to the news of Garrett being fired this morning, but it just doesn't look that way. Pretty sad Jerry is making Peete one of the fall guys, unless there is more to this & he has an offensive coordinator bringing in his own staff.
  19. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,353 Messages
    709 Likes Received
    hahaha good one Hos.
  20. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,772 Messages
    84 Likes Received
    what has wade wilson ever done?