1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fire Skip Peete

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

1,679 Messages
    424 Likes Received
  2. Irving Cowboy

Irving Cowboy The Chief

1,566 Messages
    46 Likes Received
    Valid question. He brings nothing to the Cowboys and will bring nothing to whoever is dumb enough to hire him.
  3. LongSnapper

LongSnapper Member

744 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    well the obvious reply is "CHAMPIONSHIP"
  4. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,203 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    Scapegoat?
  5. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    One down, the rest of the staff to go!

Jon Gruden must have wanted this to go slowly while his lawyers look over the paperwork. :)
  6. Mansta54

Mansta54 Well-Known Member

9,630 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    Ain't that the truth and he shows it often too. Smh!!
  7. DoomsDayD

DoomsDayD Active Member

1,512 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    Thats showing the rest of the league that you werent kidding about making changes. :D
  8. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,787 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

BOOM...!
  9. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,158 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Well this is probably a hint as to where the Cowboys are going with this offseason.

They'll just fire some of the assistants and move on. Jerry probably regrets the changes remark because now he's going to do the minimum and just be laughed at for bluffing.
  10. CyberB0b

CyberB0b Well-Known Member

3,203 Messages
    1,130 Likes Received
    They should fire the water boy, too. He caused all the hamstring issues by not keeping them hydrated.
  11. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,232 Messages
    200 Likes Received
    Maybe he is blamed for the missed blocking assignments by the backs, including a subpar season by Vickers.
  12. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,278 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    QB coaching in Dallas does suck. Wade Wilson can go next.
  13. jasonwitten82

jasonwitten82 Member

320 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, Jerry did say changes were coming. I hope this isn't what he was talking about
  14. kelc

kelc Member

119 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Yup,that was are problem last year the running back coach.Well Jerry said he was going to make things uncomfortable around there.Next
    he is going to shut off the AC.
  15. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Clown circus.
  16. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Active Member

708 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Way to make heads roll Jerry! I'll bet the 3 Garrett's you have on your staff are shaking in their boots.
  17. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,278 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Replacements?

John Garrett? :laugh2:

Anthony Lynn? Ollie Wilson? Jason Brooks? Randy Jordan?

Brooks Bollinger is a name that wouldn't shock me at QB coach if they ever ditch Wilson and Garrett stays.
  18. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,124 Messages
    203 Likes Received
    I do not understand this organization - I really don't. Whatever happened to accountability starting at the top.
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,596 Messages
    353 Likes Received
    AP News, Dallas Texas:

Today the Dallas Cowboys have let running back coach Skip Peete go. According to team sources, Skip was a valued talented coach that the Cowboys hated to see leave the team. Head Coach Garrett said, "We love the dedicated, passion and professionalism that Skip brought to the Cowboys but we are moving in a different direction this offseason."

The change is not totally unexpected as Owner/President/Ring Master/Inventor of the Internet Jerry Jones has promised change this off season. Jones is quoted as having said that "Troy needs more time in the pocket and so the running back coach should go". While that statement seems like it makes no football sense what so ever, such wild cat like decision making is a Jone trait and one that he values as a front office generalissmo. "I can make decisions like no other GM and this is one of those times. Fact is, we run our offense out of the shotgun about 60% of the time and since we are near the last in the league in rushing yards and attempts. Those are the cold hard facts and since we do that, we should go "all in" and just not even run the ball. I believe that we can just be the first team in the league to not have a running game, a running coach and we are cutting all of our running backs and moving Murray to Right Tackle. The other plus side is I dont have to pay a running back coach and can focus that money on investing in a new Spa for our fans who want a massage during or after the game."

League reaction is yet to be seen.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Orangutans make great bass players Staff Member

35,434 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    Hilarious