1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Fire Skip Peete

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by NeonDeion21, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,171 Messages
    5,639 Likes Received
    I've thought the same thing. Skip Peete was well liked in the locker room and by the media apparently. If the players sense some type of nepotism going on in the front office w/ the Garrett and Jones clan, then Jason will lose the locker room quick.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,876 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    I'm not trying to. Just exposing exactly what they are doing.
  3. Hostile

118,876 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    There is literally no chance of that.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,910 Messages
    1,012 Likes Received
    Pure speculation on my part but maybe the firing had more to do with pass blocking and route running rather than toting the roc.
  5. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I'm going to prove to you how I know Jerry doesn't make the final decisions and had nothing to do with the secondary.

You made me do it.

[youtube]hSGXz2Pu-gQ[/youtube]
  6. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,985 Messages
    949 Likes Received

Oddly appropriate. :muttley:

Garrett is probably safe, but not for any of the right reasons. This reminds me of all the people that "knew" that Wade wouldn't get fired during the season, the only difference in this this scenario, is that those "in the know" have guessed correctly.
  7. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

6,758 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    maybe Jerry clearing the way to bring in Norv Turner and his staff in as the offensive coordinator..
  8. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    Yeah, I heard that too from Ed Werder. Something's up, Jerry didn't spend the past week talking to himself. Wait.....
  9. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,185 Messages
    6,971 Likes Received
    Does Sparano maybe fit into this somehow?
  10. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,480 Messages
    648 Likes Received
    Man I hope not.
  11. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,599 Messages
    854 Likes Received
    I think one thing is clear, JG has to accept some help or hit the road, and rightly so.
  12. Hostile

118,876 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    :lmao2:

He may, but the idea there is no other option is funny.
  13. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

866 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Now, it's time for Baker to skip off with Pete....
  14. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,914 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    I'm guessing this move means that Callahan will move from OC to running game coordinator or something like that, and we will bring in a true OC to call the plays.
  15. Hostile

118,876 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    There are 2 Bakers on the Coaching Staff. Brian and Joe. I doubt either goes anywhere. Brian does want to be a College HC though, and I am rooting for him to get a job some day.
  16. Hostile

118,876 Messages
    2,673 Likes Received
    Callahan coaches the O-Line.
  17. LittleD

LittleD Active Member

866 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    The defensive line was almost as bad as the offensive line this year. In fact, they were worse than the offensive line for the last 4 games. Time for Brian to go back to college. This defensive line couldn't stop any RB for less than 100 yards. I know many injuries but without LB's this defense just folded...

We need a whole new set of coaches and the Garrett Bros can skip out with Pete too.
  18. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    Doing what? Come back to hold Garrett's hand offensively a la 2007?

I'll admit the results were good, but I'm not sure either would want to try that again.

I think Jerry and Garrett have kind of painted themselves into a corner a little bit. You have to like the way the team responded and kept playing hard under Garrett right up to the end. However, the lack of fundamentals, poor offensive performance, etc. have to fall on Garrett.

6 years and, other than 2007, the offense has been fairly underwhelming. Felt like it took another step backwards this year.

If Jerry forces an offensive mentor on Garrett (which is what he needs), doesn't it lessen Garrett's authority?

What Garrett needs is an in depth apprenticeship under an experienced head coach a la Payton/Parcells after Payton was run out of NY.

Having said that, also don't want Sparano as an OL coach.....he's only shown a propensity to develop first rounders.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,185 Messages
    6,971 Likes Received
    Just throwing it out there, since Sparano was made available. The firing of Pete reminds me of the move we made when swapping WR coaches...doesn't make much sense on the surface, but when you see what plays out, there's going to be a plan of some sort there.

But then, I don't have issues with Garrett's play calling, at all. And I think it's his game management that needs the most work, and that's what Callahan's supposed to be here for. I wouldn't be shocked to see us add another offensive coach, though, because a lot of experienced guys JG has direct experience with are available now.

Honestly, I think its our defensive coaching that needs the most work. I'm not sure we've got the right guy at DC, and that's an area where you can literally bring in a coordinator and get a year-one bump if you get the right guy. That said, the right guy isn't out there right now.
  20. ragman

ragman Member

208 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Agreed on Carmichael!

As for the firing of Peete, I think this was just an appeasement move by Jerry. I hope this isn't the end of change at Valley Ranch. Move along, folks. Nothing much to see here.