1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys first round pick should be a QB Bridgewater or Carr

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyvic, Apr 19, 2014.

1. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Or Manzeil if he is there. this team is not going to go anywhere or win anything anyway. so it's time to bring in a QB young QB for the years to come.. the window on Romo and the core of this Cowboys team is closed. it's time to start looking foward and not back. don't let the talking heads fool you. there are some very good QB in this draft that can be franchise QB's.Bridgewater and Carr will turn out to be the A. Rodgers of this draft. if we skip either, we will regret it. draft a QB and spend the rest of this draft trying to help the defense.
    lostar2009 and CowboyFan74 like this.
  2. Carharris2

Carharris2 Well-Known Member

1,805 Messages
    779 Likes Received
    No. You're incorrect.
  3. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    No im right. i do not think they will do it either. and it's going to be another big mistake yet again..there are 4 QB in this draft who could be franchise QB's in the years to come .Bridgewater,Carr, Manzeil and Blake Bortles. if we skip either, we will regret it for years.the Romo and witten years are done. time to move on.
    lostar2009 and CowboyFan74 like this.
  4. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

4,134 Messages
    1,611 Likes Received
    It is prudent to think of the future, but if they went QB in the first round, then they are sorta admitting that Tony is still injured and can't go at or near 100%...IMO, Tony's window has 2 or 3 more years in it, minimally...as a result, you don't draft a QB high now since I believe that he (tony) will be around and the draft pick will just sit and watch...we would lose out of the most affordable part of the rookie contract, not to mention that you would burn a first round pick that wouldn't see the field
    casmith07 and jobberone like this.
  5. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and brew... Staff Member

21,414 Messages
    2,178 Likes Received
    When your defense is a sieve,it doesn't matter who you have at quarterback.
    jobberone, bb721 and dstovall5 like this.
  6. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

2,718 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    Mr Cheerful has spoken.
  7. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    The Romo window is closed. i know it's hard to let go of Romo and Witten and others for some of you.but the window is closed on these core guys.Ware is already gone. and it's time to close the window on the Witten Romo years and move foward.the Romo days are over.
    CowboyFan74, pjtoadie and TheFinisher like this.
  8. tideh20heel

tideh20heel Active Member

319 Messages
    178 Likes Received
    Sadly I agree with the closed window thing. Just wish ownership was more forward thinking before we were hamstrung by that damn qb contract. Nothing personal against Tony who has taken too much blame but that contract is extremely problematic and has us stuck in a holding pattern.
  9. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    You are missing the point. i agree about the defense being terrible. but by the time you fix the defense. you will need a new QB. so get the QB now while you can. how hard is this to understand?
    CowboyFan74 likes this.
  10. Sarge

21,414 Messages
    2,178 Likes Received
    Looks like I touched a nerve.
    ologan likes this.
  11. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    No you did not. it's time to close the door on this core. the window is closed. it's not opening back up for this core. time to move past Romo and Witten years. it's over.
  12. Sarge

21,414 Messages
    2,178 Likes Received
    I find it interesting that you chose that avatar.
    jobberone, ologan, cowboy_ron and 3 others like this.
  13. Vinnie2u

Vinnie2u Well-Known Member

2,191 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    If Bridgewater is there at 16 take him... A franchise QB is harder to find than a DE or DT
    CowboyFan74 and pjtoadie like this.
  14. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,941 Messages
    3,388 Likes Received
    Touché
    Sarge likes this.
  15. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    100% agree. he will be the A. Rodgers of this draft. he is pro ready right now. if he is there the cowboys should take him.i don't care how he look at his pro day. i watched this kid play real games. he will be a franchise NFL QB.
    Vinnie2u likes this.
  16. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    No, the window had closed a couple of years ago. The Romo contract was a terrible move for the future of this team. I agree with everything you posted, but the Romo contract has ruined the next couple of years in the rebuilding process . The team will have a losing record the next few years, so they will be in a position to draft a QB .
    pjtoadie likes this.
  17. Bungarian

Bungarian Butt Monkey Zone Supporter

2,504 Messages
    719 Likes Received
    Another one of these threads.
  18. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    You do make a good point. Romo should have never been given that contract. but what's done is done. time to suck it up and move foward. what's the point in playing Romo anymore and going 8 and 8 or 6 and 10. draft a QB in the first round and take our lumps. get real high picks again next year, and be ready to roll. no use wasting time on a closed window.
  19. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Zone Supporter

28,531 Messages
    2,002 Likes Received
    If the medical evaluations of Romo's back are not promising, it is highly likely Jones will gun for a top rated quarterback next month. If the medical evaluations indicate Romo's back can take the pounding, you should prepare to be disappointed.
  20. cowboyvic

cowboyvic It's Stuck

1,228 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    they have to get a QB now if he is there. if they are going to lose the next few years like you say. i would rather be losing with one of these young QB than a 34 year old QB with a bad back. and who's best days are gone. time to move on from this core now. if it means taking a hit with Romo's contract, so be it. we are going to lose anyway.
    Vinnie2u likes this.