1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys have big hopes for healthy Austin

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 3, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,028 Messages
    5,507 Likes Received
    Sep 3
    10:00
    AM ET
    By Tim MacMahon | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas – The simple fact that Miles Austin didn’t strain a hamstring made this a successful training camp and preseason for the Dallas Cowboys’ $54 million receiver.

That hasn’t been the case the past couple of seasons, when the wide receiver has been almost constantly nagged by his tender hamstrings. Not coincidentally, Austin hasn’t performed to the level of expectations that come with extra-large paychecks.

“At the end of the day, I try not to make excuses about anything that happened,” said Austin, who made adjustments to his offseason training regimen in an attempt to prevent further hamstring problems.

It’s not necessary for Austin to offer his health issues as an excuse. Anyone who watched the Cowboys the last couple of seasons could see that Austin, who missed six games in 2011 and most of two in 2012 due to hamstring strains, faintly resembled the dynamic playmaker of 2009.

Read the rest: http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowb...wboys-have-big-hopes-for-healthy-miles-austin
  2. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,994 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    I have high hopes for austin. Its good to see him healthy. He is a beast!
  3. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,132 Messages
    1,248 Likes Received
    Seeing him look like his self of old in the preseason is encouraging. If Miles is back to form and Dez continues his mission, it will open up this offense for all kinds of possibilities. The Cowboys "are due" a season of good health.
  4. Mactin

Mactin Member

79 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    I hope Miles can stay healthy because even though Dez is a beast he can't do all on his own out there when it comes to catching the ball.
  5. Corso

Corso Well-Known Member

2,364 Messages
    1,521 Likes Received
    Miles can actually help a porous OL with some quick passing and YAC's.
  6. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,942 Messages
    2,761 Likes Received
    I have high hope for him as well. Thus far he has had no issues with hamstrings and if not mistaken changed his off season work out program because of the hamstring problems.
  7. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,114 Messages
    4,305 Likes Received
    Who would have made that bet before camp began?
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,170 Messages
    1,523 Likes Received
    If Miles stays healthy, and is actually as explosive as he was in the past, he could really do a lot of damage out of the slot. I dont think it would be surprising at all for he and Dez to both go over 1000 yards if that happens....heck, he was pretty close to doing that last year.