1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I think it is a bit harder than that to reach SB and win it.
  2. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,072 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    Not according to Jerry. :D
  3. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    Jerry like many men in his position tend to exaggerate. However I think Jerry is a lot more understanding of what is going on than many think. I agree with Jimmy who said it takes a strong personality when working with Jerry but if you made a good case for why we need to do something to better the team Jerry will listen. Jerry is not just going out on his own to do things
  4. john van brocklin

john van brocklin Captain Comeback

1,588 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    This has always been Jerry, would have been a great used car salesman !!!
  5. tyke1doe

tyke1doe Well-Known Member

20,622 Messages
    1,195 Likes Received
    We're 2-1 and Jerry's running around talking as if we've qualified for the playoffs. LOL!
  6. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    That is fine with me, he spends big buck why should he not expect it? His views will not put us in or keep us out
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  7. MartinRamone

MartinRamone Well-Known Member

1,470 Messages
    112 Likes Received
    Well this happens year after year, last year after beating the Giants we thought we were awesome.

Personally until we show some consistency i will be skeptic.
  8. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,072 Messages
    983 Likes Received
    ok
  9. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,451 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    The problem with Jerry is that he's not absolutely clueless. He knows a thing or two about running a professional football team. He's good enough to keep things competitive which leads to mediocrity. We'll be .500 team into oblivion with Jerry manning the ship. What we need is somebody who excels at being a football GM. Jerry has always been a great owner, but a not so great GM.
  10. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I think success comes based on the people he puts around him. Looking at this staff and this scouting department I think Dallas can and will have success. BP liked working for Jerry he liked that the owner\GM has the passion for the game and wants to win key is Jerry hiring good people and listening to them. People can claim Jimmy won the SB alone but Jimmy did not hire Jimmy, Jerry did. Jimmy did not deal with player contracts Jerry did
    ware1manarmy likes this.
  11. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    Bottom line: how many teams would re-hire Jimmy as HC RIGHT NOW? How many would hire Jerry as GM?? Someone portraying Jimmy as out of touch, or worse incompetent, especially in comparison to Jerry is more than a bit ridiculous.
  12. Doomsday101

78,637 Messages
    3,907 Likes Received
    I don't disagree Jimmy would be hired if he wanted to get back into coaching. And Jerry would not be someone teams would look to hire as a GM. However when people say we can't win with Jerry that is wrong we already have. People can givn credit as they see fit I'm not going to rag on Jimmy but together they won apart Jimmy time in Miami as both HC\GM was not successful.
    Also dealing with the reality yes I think that the Cowboys can win now with Jerry as Owner/GM but the key is as I said hiring quality people and listening to what they feel needs to happen for success.

Currently looking at the Coaching staff and the scouting department I think Dallas can win
  13. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,731 Messages
    624 Likes Received
    I have no issue with your POV, just the OP and the people supporting him.
  14. justbob

justbob The Peacemaker Staff Member

6,964 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    Answer is --wait for it ----wait -- Stay on thread ...
  15. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Success breeds optimism. Optimism is not a bad thing, it is a good thing. Confidence is absolutely necessary to win. It cannot effect your preparation going into next week. They need to make sure they realize that hard work brought that success and only hard work will make it continue The fact of the matter is that while we may be optimistic most of the time, the team has had no confidence in the past when things start going against them in a game. That is what needs to change. The difference that this team needs to be in the mindset of is to create it's own good luck during a game and respond correctly when things go wrong. They need to be the agressor on defense and not sit back. That killed them in the KC game - we should have been blitzing on that last drive but we laid back. Its not just the players, its coaching as well.
    bark likes this.
  16. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,360 Messages
    861 Likes Received
    What exactly was someone supposed to say about Spencer's season-ending surgery? That his absence will doom the team's playoff hopes? They had to say something optimistic.
  17. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    makes me think of "Fake Jerry" on the ticket, he says the same thing
  18. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,009 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Kinda goes both ways, don't it?
  19. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

10,009 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received

I believe he does. Sorry that his view don't jive with yours. My don't jive with yours either. But I won't lose any sleep over it. ;)
  20. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    Jerry does well as an owner, but as a football guy, it went downhill when Jimmy wasn't around to tell him who
    I can not remember a single issue where I agreed with you, so I certainly hope you don't lose sleep. I have respect for fans such as yourself, that be wrong all the time and still try to function in this world.