1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys infected with too much optimism? Jerry Jones: We're a glass half-full team

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

74,843 Messages
    1,484 Likes Received
    and I see it going back up. I agree there have been times that the moves he and this team made I did not like. I did not like that we had no QB in wating when Troy retired that put us back a good way just trying to find a QB. I did not like giving up 2 #1's for Galloway. I know Jerry was trying to get the most out of the remaining SB teams after losing Irvin but the move again set us back. However I have also seen change in Jerry and how this organization has gone about business. So when people say it is the same old thing no it is not that is their spin. I see a lot more positives taking place with this team than negitives.
  2. mmillman

mmillman Active Member

2,139 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Jerry is a salesman first and foremost. He is a high end huckster that has a boundless ego that doesn't let him admit and then address his shortcomings. As long as the fans continue to pay for his place of business and put their butts in his overpriced seats he will not change. The blind Cowboy fans are the enablers.
  3. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Active Member

465 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    That might be true, while I'm saying jimmy and jerry needed to suck up their pride and we could have won 4-5.straight and maybe more. When they spilt it ended the dynasty.
  4. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,607 Messages
    692 Likes Received
    Totally agree, but I think that we won that last Super Bowl via the vets and coordinators despite Barry's presence.
  5. Irvin88_4life

Irvin88_4life Active Member

465 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    Yea I can agree with you on that. That team is one of the best all time, and had the leaders to run with it.
  6. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

3,942 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    I'm definitely taking the jury is still out approach when it comes to this team... I'm tired of getting potentially excited about a season only to have hopes ripped out like guts.