1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys interested in CJ2K

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,641 Messages
    599 Likes Received
    Dunbar is yet another Troy Hambrick, Reshard Lee.
    Risen Star and Air Force One like this.
  2. The Natural

The Natural Benched

4,397 Messages
    1,202 Likes Received
    Would be fireworks on offense thats for sure
  3. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,726 Messages
    344 Likes Received

Upgrade over our back ups that is
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    Well, the coaches absolutely love Dunbar, and if you watched him in college, you'd see a bright future, too. I watched him put 200+ yards on Clemson when he was the only player North Texas had. That injury last year stopped what I thought would be his breakout in the league. Dallas needs him to fill a Sproles-like role, and I think he can do that.

Johnson is small, beaten up, and 29 years old. He's a shadow of his former self, and not likely to be able to stay on the field.

If you could get him for one year and no money, then why not? But someone will pay more, and I hope Dallas isn't dumb enough to do that.
  5. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,398 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    this.

They are a team deeply committed top the run, they have cap space, and he does not want to take a big pay cut.

On the other hand, CJ would love to play on a team where the other team can't load the box very down.
    But Dallas doesn't seem like the right fit to me. Both Murray and Johnson seem like back that would be best served getting 65-70% of the carries.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,375 Messages
    4,621 Likes Received
    Lance Dunbar = Darren Sproles. Keep hearing this. Don't understand it. At all.
    DCBoysfan likes this.
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    If you lined up Johnson and Dunbar, all 32 teams would choose Johnson over Dunbar if the money was the same and they could afford the player.
  8. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    Somebody has to gain the yards just like somebody has to make the tackles. I watched Tennessee a lot last year. The incredible burst he once had is gone. He's just a random decent NFL back at this point.

He doesn't stink, but he's not great anymore.
  9. DFWJC

22,398 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    lol
  10. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    Who said that?
  11. DFWJC

22,398 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    Perfect.
    Zordon likes this.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    Well, the money is NOT the same. That is the point. One guy is entering his prime, while the other guy left his prime behind two years ago.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,375 Messages
    4,621 Likes Received
    Practically every single time Dunbar's name is mentioned, there is a Sproles reference. Whether it be alluding to his untapped "potential" or even coming close to being used in that kind of role.
  14. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,941 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    All things considered, we likely can't afford Chris Johnson in a manner that would allow us to compete with teams like the Jets, Giants and Ravens. Besides, we're supposed to be implementing a youth movement and spending a considerable amount to bring in someone whose age would require a short-term contract at an excessive amount. It wouldn't suit our needs sufficiently. There are RBs available in the draft that would much better fit into our budget and youth requirements. As far as talent goes, we probably should give Dunbar another chance to prove himself. He's the same type of RB as Johnson with youth and affordability on his side. He should also get stronger and possibly more durable with added development.
  15. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,481 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    Make up whatever nonsense you'd like. The facts show that you are wrong.
    tantrix1969 likes this.
  16. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,168 Messages
    441 Likes Received
    Someone said dunbar is a better player. He is not. He is cheaper, but not better. That's the point I was making. I don't think the Cowboys will go after him because of price, but if they could afford him, yes, I think they would rather have him than Dunbar because Johnson is still a better football player than Dunbar.
  17. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,038 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
    No, it's "Child, Please"
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,038 Messages
    3,973 Likes Received
  19. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,550 Messages
    1,551 Likes Received
    The reference is the role, which Sproles perfected. Not a starter, but a guy who can play a lot in the spread, third down situations, and take a full series or two.
  20. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,887 Messages
    3,352 Likes Received
    :eek:
    65fastback2plus2 likes this.