1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys interested in CJ2K

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Apr 4, 2014.

1. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,525 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    Ben Tate will be toting the rock for Cleveland.
    Good move by the Browns at "only" 2 years 6.2 mil.
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  2. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    245 Likes Received
    I agree with cheap. Has to be cap friendly nor have lot of dead money in future years. I like an incentive laden contract.

I've watched a few Titan games last yr. Their OL was atrocious. If you think ours was bad...try their OL. Furthermore, he was the ONLY threat Titans has. Every team knows that you stop CJ you win the game. They have no legitamate NFL QB.

I agree he was not the CJ of 3 yrs ago but he is not Eddie George.

I think he has tread on his tires and with out OL and offensive weapons this is mutually beneficial.
  3. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Active Member

682 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    My predicition is 2 yrs 5 million.
  4. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

995 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I think CJ has juice left Murray and CJ would be a great duo
  5. 17yearsandcounting

17yearsandcounting Benched

2,391 Messages
    1,677 Likes Received
    This would be good only for the chuckle it would give me towards the "disss is da newww era of da cowboyyyyyz. da youfff movement!!!" people.
    Gaede likes this.
  6. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,557 Likes Received
    If we picked up CJ2K maybe ESPN would give us a higher FA ranking.
    Lonestar94, Little Jr and viman96 like this.
  7. DFWJC

23,525 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    I agree on the thread on tires part. He played a full 16 game season and his last tow games last year were two of his better games all year. Because he played hurt much of last year, I would be a bit worried about him going forward. But then again, maybe playing hurt had something to do with his sub-par season.
  8. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    If the Jets do not get him, I would expect Fisher to go after him. That would make their team speed that much greater and help them compete better in that brutal division.
    Gaede and pjtoadie like this.
  9. Alexander

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    He played hurt and they went to a man blocking scheme which made him take more hits.
  10. Little Jr

Little Jr Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    Around 270 att which is about what he has avg the past 3 years.
  11. Alexander

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
  12. DFWJC

23,525 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    ESPN just listed simple odds on where he might go and had "low" odds for all teams except the Jets and Rams.
    They only totally ruled out a few teams but gave low odds all around in general.
    Of ocurse, all it takes is one team.

BTW, they couldn't help gigging Dallas again by saying how they passed on Johnson in 2008 to take Felix Jones.
  13. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,565 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    Both ESPN and NFLN love to use the Cowboys for ratings. One of the lead ins on NFL AM today was should the Cowboys still be Americas Team. They used it a few time this week for Total Access as well.
  14. DFWJC

23,525 Messages
    2,392 Likes Received
    By far more than any other position, RBs tend to peak the earliest in their careers. Most of them have their best years within their 1st three years of being drafted. This makes them the perfect position to get on a 4 year rookie deal. Drafting backs is the way to go.
    I'm actually happy for CJ, the he at least got paid high dollars for a couple of seasons. Problem is, he basically got paid mostly for what he had given them already. I sure can see why the Titans cut him loose after a coupe of years into that contract.

I bet most of us could not count on one hand how many FA running backs have made huge impacts on their new teams in the last 20 years.
  15. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,455 Messages
    419 Likes Received
    'We' had our chance to draft him, no thanks.
  16. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    You just had to bring that up..drafting a complimentary rb in the 1st smh
  17. Alexander

25,244 Messages
    5,489 Likes Received
    It would be nice irony having to sign the RB Garrett did not want to sign the one Phillips wanted.
  18. tantrix1969

tantrix1969 Well-Known Member

960 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Lol yea, I wasn't as mad about passing on CJ(among others) as I was about us passing on SJax but it was still a wth are they thinking moment
  19. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,649 Messages
    5,557 Likes Received
    The Rams are a likely landing spot with the HC connection. I don't know why ESPN would giggle at the Cowboys taking Felix Jones over Chris Johnson when the Stealers did the same thing with Rashard Mendenhall. Actually when you look at the 1st round RB's there isn't a lot to get excited about. You have Darren McFadden in OAK, Jonathan Stewart in CAR, then Jones, Mendenhall and Johnson. 2nd round RB's that year were Matt Forte and Ray Rice. KC drafted Jamaal Charles in the 3rd round at 73.
    pancakeman likes this.
  20. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,452 Messages
    6,008 Likes Received
    Why do you act like CJ2K has one foot in the retirement home? He can still play. His oline was crap the last few years in Tennessee and he hasn't had a QB to keep the defense honest. HIm with Demarco would be lethal.

[IMG]
    pjtoadie likes this.