1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys interested in CJ2K

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,125 Messages
    2,657 Likes Received
    If your defense is going to suck, you better be able to put some points on the board.

CJ on this offense would be sweet.
  2. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,469 Messages
    955 Likes Received
    If Johnson is affordable, I'll take him. Tanner just doesn't seem to be good enough, Randle may have something but we don't know that yet, and Dunbar seems like he can play at this level but is pretty much a question mark when it comes to reliability.

I don't think DeMarco can handle 25-30 carries a game, and we probably wouldn't want him to do that even if he could, so we need another dependable back who can share the load without much of a drop-off, and a guy who can also start if DeMarco goes down. Chris Johnson could be that guy.

Replace Tanner with Johnson, draft or sign some OL depth, and our running game is going to be better overall and durable enough to run the ball all we want in the fourth quarter.
  3. mickswag

mickswag Active Member

217 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Fletch likes this.
  4. egn22

egn22 Active Member

841 Messages
    235 Likes Received
    Just draft a RB why waste money on this guy???
    jnday likes this.
  5. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,959 Messages
    708 Likes Received
    Not gonna happen.

No RKG.

Spend resources elsewhere.
  6. montgod

montgod Active Member

1,846 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I have read rumors on Miami being interested... I would put my money on them signing him to replace Bush and for him to get back to his Florida roots!
  7. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,117 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received
    Good sir.... Nobody is better than Dunbar!
  8. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,995 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    I wanted Darren Sproles when he went to New Orleans...and I wanted him before the Eagles got him.

I wanted DeSean Jackson when he became available. And was really ticked we did not get him when I saw the numbers he signed for

All players lose a step as they get older...but he is still probably faster than anyone else we have on offense. In fact....this team really does not have any speed on offense. We have big guys with capable speed....but real speed forces defenses to defend you differently...which opens things up for other guys. I would love to add a speed component to this team

Romo has about a 2 year window at a top 12 level. Once that window is closed...the last remaining core guys like him, WItten etc...will be gone. While we are rebuilding this defense...we still have to make a push for a trophy. You cannot pay Romo what we are paying him and think 8-8 is good enough. This is not the AFC East where the Pats are just better than anyone else by a mile. The NFC East is still up for grabs and I think a different teams has won it every year for the last 4 years. So why not add a piece that might get you over the hump?
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,873 Messages
    4,929 Likes Received
    Can he play defense? Adding pieces to the offense is not going to push us over the hump.
    thunderpimp91 likes this.
  10. thunderpimp91

thunderpimp91 Active Member

248 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I just don't see how CJ puts this team over the top. Is a 2nd string RB going to be the difference? I would much rather spend money in other areas, and trust your scouts to find a RB in the draft.
  11. bbailey423

4,995 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    I agree defense is the first priority...but when you consider we lost Miles Austin and we have one reliable RB on this team...I don't think we can ignore that side of the ball. Think about it...how many starts do the WRs outside of Dez have on this team? If Murray gets hurt...do you like what we have on this team at RB? We have multiple safeties on this team..and I don't think some rookie will come in and be any better than the multiple options we have at safety on this team. Our trio of CBs might tbe the highest paid trio in the NFL. We have several bodies on the DL and I think that should be our first priority in the draft. But Romo is the biggest piece on this team...and his window to get it done is short...outside of Witten we are very short on experience at the skill positions...so I still think a veteran player (like Sproles, DeSean or CJ2k would have been/be a nice addition)
  12. bbailey423

4,995 Messages
    576 Likes Received
    Well...no one player is going to make us the equivalent of Seattle or San Fran. But this division is up for grabs...and we got a 2 year window to take make a run at it...after that..we will probably be looking at a new QB. If you are not TRYING to go for it...then you should trade Romo.
    ScipioCowboy likes this.
  13. thunderpimp91

248 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I agree this is not a rebuilding job in the eyes of the coaching staff/front office. I just don't think CJ is the guy to target for a team up against the cap(this year and next). If he came super cheap, I'm all for it, but I doubt that is the case. In a draft class with good talent at rb why not look for one there instead? You could most likely get similar production this year out of a rookie, and have a shot at getting a long term solution. This also leaves you with enough cap room to bring in some vets for depth purposs
  14. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    You ready to pay $4-5 million a year for three
    He's quite possibly the worst back in pass protection I've seen. And outside of Jamaal Charles, he may be the dumbest dude in the league.

He's still a good back, but he's not worth a bunch of money. He's not special anymore.
    AsthmaField likes this.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,154 Messages
    2,230 Likes Received
    Get a load of this.
    This idiot should be outlawed for a day.................

Why might #Cowboys sign Chris Johnson? In 2008 draft, they were gonna pick him at 25, but #Titans grabbed him at 24. Dallas got Mike Jenkins
    [IMG]
    Ian Rapoport
    @RapSheet

unbelievable. We had just taken Felix at pick 22 and he claims we were also going to take CJ at 25. Unreal.
  16. TheRomoSexual

TheRomoSexual Well-Known Member

2,520 Messages
    1,049 Likes Received
    Didn't we also trade up for Jenkins?
  17. thunderpimp91

248 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    They must have known FĂ©lix was a bust 15 minutes after making the pick...
  18. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

404 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I truly believe if Jerry had the money to make this happen CJ would have a star on his helmet. Just don't think Jerry would bring him in especially with Murray in his last year of his contract, which could cause some issues in itsself
  19. cej757

cej757 Well-Known Member

425 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    Omg! Well now I know Rapoport is just making stuff up now. Somebody please tell him to delete that text. He looks like a complete dumb arse. SMH
  20. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,414 Messages
    370 Likes Received
    @casmith07

#GotEm

You're welcome everyone.

[IMG]