1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Lead the League in Least Amount of Interceptions

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by cowboyskid29, Nov 19, 2012.

1. cowboyskid29

cowboyskid29 Member

221 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    It is so annoying watching the defense. I know they are solid at not giving up yards and keeping teams out of the endzone, but they don't make game changing plays. Every time the ball is in the air you know there is no chance of it being taken away.

Dallas has 4 INTs and 2 of them were flukey bobbled balls that magically bounced into Carr and McCray's hands.

There are 9 players in the NFL that have 4 or more INTs.

IMO this problem has been mostly overlooked by this board, and I think it is just as detrimental as our porous offensive line.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...rence=ALL&role=OPP&season=2012&seasonType=REG
  2. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Possibly could of helped a very struggling offense yesterday.

Course, this has been the defense's status quo for years now. Bend don't break. Barely get by and make no big plays accounting for better field advantage for the offense or TD's.

I had to pinch myself when they actually got some big plays against the egals.
  3. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,606 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Umm, this is stated after every single game.
  4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    It probably has to do with the fact we are always playing from behind. The other team doesn't have to take much chances with a lead.

Get our offense to play well from the start and then you'll have better chance of getting ints when the other team throw more low percentage passes to catch up.
  5. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    Agreed.

Problem is, that isn't the case and really hasn't been for a while.

Yet, the defense still produces very little in turnover's or Big plays.
  6. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,646 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Scandrick dropped at least two against Eagles and probably 1-2 more against the Browns. This guy has stone hands which is why he's playing defense.

Hit the ball jug!
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    This drives me nuts with this D. Last game the Weeden was throwing GIMME ints and our defenders either weren't even close to the receiver to make any kind of play or the ball hit them on the hand and they couldn't catch it. Then there was the fumble where the ball was just sitting on the ground and nobody even attempted to get it. You aren't going to win if your D can't get turnovers in this league and it's a continued trend of horrible coaching.
  8. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

2,799 Messages
    282 Likes Received
    They have no play makers carr is a good cd. safties are average to below, claiborne can be good in a few years once he learns not to hold every play
  9. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    I think some blame goes to the Dallas offense, teams tend to take fewer risks in the passing game when they are leading or down just one score and that has happened a lot this year.
  10. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,193 Messages
    1,814 Likes Received
    its because our secondary is so good the other team is not throwing the ball :)

that is why we are getting all of those "coverage sacks" that everyone predicted :D

see, told ya pressure from the front 7 doesnt matter;)
  11. Cristoff

Cristoff Member

68 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    No pressure on the quarterback from our D-line means that receivers have all day to get open..not that hard to figure out.
  12. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,527 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Our offense has nothing to do with the D not catching balls that hit them in the hands.
  13. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,763 Messages
    502 Likes Received
    I said some of the blame not all of it.
  14. rynochop

rynochop Well-Known Member

2,273 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Terrence Newman has more pics off Peyton Maninng than our corners have had all year. Just saying
  15. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,354 Messages
    2,918 Likes Received
    I thought we were supposed to work on this last summer.
  16. Nunez21

Nunez21 Active Member

244 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Scandrick should have atleast 4
  17. Shinywalrus

Shinywalrus Active Member

1,740 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    Some of it is coverage. We don't play a lot of zone (for good reason, our guys stink on ice at it) and we don't always have the kind of safety coverages that let the corners gamble. You'll usually only see our corners gamble when they're covering from the slot or on a zone assignment toward the middle or seams when they are more sure that they have help.

Still, that doesn't explain everything. I'd expect us to be in the 15-20 range in the league with our scheme, not last.
  18. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,068 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    We acknowledge this problem every week for like 3 years
  19. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,396 Messages
    195 Likes Received
    It's like this every year now, different players, different coaches, I still can't explain it. No Jerry remarks either, he is not playing DB.
  20. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,478 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be:
    Cowboys are last in the league in interceptions?

How do you lead from behind?