1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys looking for DE at 14

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by supercowboy8, Mar 1, 2012.

1. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
  2. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    We already have that type player on our roster, his name is Jay Ratliff and he is out of position. If we go d-line at 14 it should be Poe. Hatcher-Poe-Rat with Spears, Lissemore, and Brent rotating in sounds pretty amazing.
  3. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wait, I thought the OP was big on "everything right now is a smokescreen."
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,508 Messages
    873 Likes Received
    No no no...it's only a smokescreen when the OP doesn't have interest in said player, otherwise it's legit
  5. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,750 Messages
    10,046 Likes Received
    "Amazing" wouldn't be the word I'd use to describe it.

"Improving" fits a little better.
  6. supercowboy8

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    No this could be smoke screen. I'm just posting news. All I said wasif Ingram and decastro are gone I would be happy with cox.

This could all be a smoke screen. Don't believe anything before the draft

But thanks again for not adding any value to a thread
  7. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,758 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    Well, not to be rude, but we're most likely going to see a ton of these "The Cowboys might take/could be going with/are interested in [insert name or position]" speculative articles between now and the draft.

Wouldn't put much into any of them.
  8. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,098 Messages
    675 Likes Received
    Yeah true. Amazing for 3-4 era Cowboys standards is more fitting.
  9. supercowboy8

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    I agree and if they haven't been posted yet I will post them to share the info smokescreen or not
  10. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I'm curious to hear people's opinions about Brocker? I know the combine numbers look ugly, but he was someone who was a top five type pick a week and a half ago. I didn't watch LSU much, so what did he look like?
  11. supercowboy8

5,598 Messages
    359 Likes Received
    What about cox and rat at ends with Soliai at the nose
  12. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Pull up his full-game YT vids. He looks EXACTLY like Spears (except built better). He spends most of his time hand-fighting at the LOS. He rarely gets penetration, and offers little to no pass rush. His combine numbers show up on film. He's not explosives, agile, or quick. He has absolutely NO pass rush moves. He is stout against the run though. He can hold his man up at the LOS, since that's where he spends most of his time. We already have a Spears... we don't need another one. Now, Cox is a different story. He penetrates. He's a slasher like Ratliff. He slashes into the backfield at the snap. He constantly gets in the backfield and disrupts. He can bull rush, swim, and spin his way into a backfield. He's truly explosive. He looks just like Ratliff. So, for those clamoring for Rat to move to DE, you'd get your wish with Cox. He's currently the #2 DL on most teams boards after Brockers. Brockers is only #1 however based on the eye-test and potential... not on actual ability. I think by draft time they'll flop and Cox will be the clear #1.

See Cox's full game vids here @ post #11...
    http://cowboyszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230830
  13. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,077 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    OMG! I think "it" moved! :laugh2:
  14. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,680 Messages
    275 Likes Received
    If we address cb and oline in free agency I'm all for taking an explosive dlinemen
  15. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He basically disappointed. He's not the athletic phenom he was purported to be. When you couple that with minimal college production, he becomes a hard sell IMO.
  16. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brockers is another overvalued, overrated defensive linemen who will probably be drafted too high. He is clearly riding the LSU brand up the draft boards, and LSU's recent marquee defensive linemen have not lived up to the hype.

Spears (pick 20)
    Dorsey (pick 5)
    Jackson (pick 3)

Now, Dwayne Bowe...That is a good value in round 1. Kyle Williams is a good football player, too. Alan Faneca (round 1)...Bradie James was a very good value in round 4.

Dallas might take a defensive linemen at 14, but no one is going to convince me it's the smart move, especially with the DL players that I'm seeing and the high risk of drafting in the DL (in round 1) and the state of this team (especially the interior offensive line). This team can't afford to whiff on pick 14.

Show me Richard Seymour, John Henderson, or Albert Haynesworth, and I'll take notice.

Show me DeMarcus Ware or Aldon Smith, and I'll take notice.

Hopefully, this is pure smoke.
  17. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In fact (in regards to SOLB), show me Leonard Little, and I'll take notice. Little had horrific off the field trouble with the Rams, but he was a very good player on the field for the Rams. At Tennessee, he tallied 28 career sacks, and he was a pass rush demon. Little's career sack total was second only to Reggie White (in Tennessee history). Little was the classic 34 OLB, and the Steelers wanted him, but a 43 team drafted him.

There is no way that a Leonard Little would last until the 3rd round in today's NFL. He'd be right up there in the top 15 or top 10.
  18. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,833 Messages
    188 Likes Received
    People are high on Poe because of what he did at the combine, but Bunting seems to like Brockers better. Here are a few comments from him in a recent Vela article.

Overall he [Poe] worked out better than [Michael] Brockers. I still think Brockers is a much better prospect, and the scouts I talked to all ranked it Brockers, Cox, Poe of those three, but I know some people out there who like Cox better.

The one reaction I kept hearing was, "I've got to go back and watch more tape." I have a couple of real good contacts in the SEC who cover Memphis, who cover the SEC teams and nobody thought Poe was better than Brockers.
  19. VACowboy

VACowboy Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,881 Messages
    247 Likes Received
    So, if this is true, can you trade down, add a third-rounder and get Cox in the 18-20 range?
  20. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,868 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    I hope we don't reach for a guy because he runs fast in his underware.