1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by IAmLegend, Dec 3, 2012.

1. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,103 Messages
    759 Likes Received
    http://www.mydraft.mockdrafthq.com/draft/view/Cowboysfan1993/New_Cowboys_mock_draft

Found this mock draft online and although it's a little unrealistic, it would be a dream come true. I agree with the idea of trading down to pick up another pick or two. We have a lot of needs and this draft is deep at the OT position. We should draft O-Line with our top 2 picks and then Safety with our next. Then, D-line and another RB with the remaining picks.
  2. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,276 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    This would be the best Cowboy draft ever on paper. No way that they gets two of the players listed. Fixing the line that well makes too much sense.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,579 Messages
    4,140 Likes Received

mock pick (cbs rank) player college

1-23 (1-28) Jones, Barrett OG Alabama 2-7 (1-25) Fisher, Eric OT Central Michigan
    2-11 (1-17) Williams, Jesse DT Alabama
    2-23 (2-47) Thomas, Dallas OT Tennessee
    3-7 (3-14) Jefferson, Tony S Oklahoma
    3-17 (3-26) Ball, Montee RB Wisconsin
    4-2 (2-5) Ansah, Ezekiel DE BYU
    5-7 (3-13) Jenkins, Brandon DE Florida State

I think that Jesse Williams returned to the game after the injury.

*Based on CBS ranking as of 03Dec2012
  4. Bigdog

Bigdog Well-Known Member

1,546 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    That would be an incredible draft but some of those players will go much higher than what this person projected.
  5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

945 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    If we got that draft , i would do a halleluya breakdown for sure!:wink2:
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,231 Messages
    287 Likes Received
    Switch fisher with lane Johnson and I would love it. Also I think this draft is very realistic except for anash in tje 4th. I think he will be a 1st maybe early 2nd round pick.
    I would love to walk out the draft with Jones, Johnson, Thomas, for the OL and a NT like Williams and a good safety.
  7. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,176 Messages
    183 Likes Received
    I would the happiest man in America if that was our draft.
  8. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    nice find legend
  9. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    I knew it was unrealistic when they had Dallas picking 7th in the First round. Jesse Williams is one of the most overrated players in draft at present. His stats are terrible and the scouts even admit he's a one trick pony--run stuffer and not a pass rusher.

Seeing Dallas picking 14th to 19th, will say 16th. Trade back to 27th and gain a 2nd round pick. Select Barrett Jones(1) C,G,T, Dallas Thomas or Lane Johnson or Oday Aboushi(2) OT, Brandon Jenkins(2) OLB, Cornellius Carradine(3) DE, Brandon Williams(4) NT, Phillip Thomas(5) S, Stefphon Jefferson or Antonio Andrews(6) RB.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,579 Messages
    4,140 Likes Received
    Jesse Williams is one of the most overrated players in draft at present. His stats are terrible and the scouts even admit he's a one trick pony--run stuffer and not a pass rusher.
    I agree, Williams is overrated. He is however, very good when he plays the FullBack position.

Seeing Dallas picking 14th to 19th, will say 16th. Trade back to 27th and gain a 2nd round pick. Select Barrett Jones(1) C,G,T, Dallas Thomas or Lane Johnson or Oday Aboushi(2) OT, Brandon Jenkins(2) OLB, Cornellius Carradine(3) DE, Brandon Williams(4) NT, Phillip Thomas(5) S, Stefphon Jefferson or Antonio Andrews(6) RB.
    I like this better as a more realistic mock. Dallas Thomas could end up getting picked before Barrett Jones, IMO.