1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys must Win Division or Bust!

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rwalters31, Nov 13, 2012.

1. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

442 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Looking though the standings there are a lot of teams with better records than the Cowboys. If we are to have a snow balls chance in H _ _ _ to make the playoffs, we would have to win the Division out right. Looks like the Wildcard will be taken by someone NOT in the NFC East.
  2. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,689 Messages
    1,057 Likes Received
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, .. let's try to win two in a row first.

If we want to play in the post season, we have to beat Cleveland, Wash and Eagles.

The season will be decided December 9th, 16th, and 23rd ... Bengals, Steelers, Saints.
  3. rwalters31

rwalters31 Active Member

442 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    OK, let's play what if. At this point we (Cowboys) should win the Cleveland game. We are good enough to beat the Deadskins twice and the Eagles once more. This puts us at 8-8 without having to beat the Bengals (loss), Steelers (loss), and Saints (possible win and 9-7). The Giants have a tougher route to go to make 9-7. If tied, the Cowboys would win the tie breaker and go to the playoffs and lose in the first round. ;)

Like I said, what if? :D
  4. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

10,781 Messages
    277 Likes Received
    Think we all just need to look to the Browns on sunday and worry about getting back to .500 for now
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,878 Messages
    2,123 Likes Received
    Right now that is how it looks, what will it look like in 4 weeks from now is anyone guess. Main thing is the Cowboys are still in the race and the Giants are starting to stumble.

Things change quickly in the NFL
  6. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,481 Messages
    1,666 Likes Received

Yep.. They are truly in 1 game at a time mode.

The only thing that can create some breathing room is if New York starts losing.

If we both finish 9-7 hopefully it's because we went 5-1 in the division.
  7. Dave_in-NC

Dave_in-NC Well-Known Member

11,097 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    This, thinking ahead that far right now may only lead to more disappointment for me. Happy with the win this past Sunday, even happier if we do it again this Sunday.
  8. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Oh no!!!

This next game must be another "MUST WIN" game for the Cowboys , huh? :laugh2:
  9. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,123 Likes Received
    Right now every game on the schedule is a pretty big game, our margin of error is razor thin right now.
  10. Hook'em#11

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received

My point exactly. To me though. The very first game up to this next Sunday's game is a BIG GAME. They all are.

It's just funny that every week, another "BIG GAME" or "MUST WIN" thread comes up..

We know they are. lol
  11. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,123 Likes Received
    True, I don't expect to win out but right now Cowboys got to get this train moving and build up some confidence. I think much of the problems are more mental vs physical and if the Cowboys can get over the mental hurdle of finishing games off then they just might be able to make some real noise.

There is nothing that can build confidence more than winning.
  12. Hook'em#11

2,628 Messages
    187 Likes Received
    Yep, and I wish and hope for the same.

Be great if Dallas could get on a Giants like tear and go all the way.

But, still , every game is a must win game.
  13. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,123 Likes Received
    No doubt Cowboys must see it as every game is a must win. I don't think they will win out and it very well could come down to the last week of the season. Right now Cowboys just need to stringing wins together and put the pressure on the teams ahead of them.
  14. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,723 Messages
    919 Likes Received

9-7 wins the division. The Cowboys still have a shot.
  15. Doomsday101

75,878 Messages
    2,123 Likes Received
    9-7 could win it, hard to tell right now. I don't know what NY will do all I know is the Cowboys must put wins together and finish strong.
  16. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    It's way too early to look at where we go in the playoffs. We are in the hunt for the division though. Win this week and we are only a game back. Really all we need to worry about is the division right now. Maybe 9-7 or 10-6 will also be good enough for the wild card, but it is way too early to say that right now.
  17. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,656 Messages
    2,029 Likes Received
    Fixed it :D
  18. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,790 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    The problem for a number of these teams we're competing with for a wild card spot is that they play each other. The Packers and Vikings still have two games (as do the Packers and Lions). The Packers' schedule is absolutely brutal. I think only one wild card is going to come out of the North because they all play each other and someone has to lose.

Seattle's schedule looks pretty brutal as well. They still have Miami, Bears, Cards, Bills, 49ers and Rams. I could see them dropping 3 games easily, but their tiebreaker over us is tough.

Tampa is basically out of it with their schedule (and our tiebreaker). They still have Carolina, Falcons (twice), Broncos, Eagles and Saints.

We could be playing for a wild card spot against the Saints at Christmas.
  19. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,790 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    Look at the remaining strength of schedule for the teams we're competing with for a wild card:

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcsosrg.html

Lions (71%)
    Vikings (69%)
    Cardinals (59%)
    Packers (57%)
    Saints (55%)
    Buccaneers (54%)
    Seahawks (49%)
    Cowboys (40%)
  20. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,689 Messages
    1,057 Likes Received
    Without looking real close at current records, this may not only mean that our future games are more winnable on paper, .. but that we are actually better than those teams to begin with since our records are similar but we played harder competition to get to those similar records.

We played our harder opponents earlier in our schedule than them.

Very revealing.