1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys not interested in Peyton Manning

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Gryphon, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys | Not interested in Peyton Manning
    Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:15:43 -0800

The Dallas Cowboys are not one of the 12 teams with interest in free-agent QB Peyton Manning (Colts). According to a high-ranking team source, the Cowboys remain committed to QB Tony Romo and will not pursue, contact or demonstrate any interest in Manning.

1 Comments | Source: ESPN - Adam Schefter

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz1oZRgjTey
  2. tomsanders921

tomsanders921 Active Member

991 Messages
    81 Likes Received
    They should be. He is as good as it gets. Under manning you would never see the offense look so out of sync like it seems to do all the time.

Nothing against romo, but he is no peyton.
  3. Ken

Ken Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    114 Likes Received
    It would be the dumbest thing in the world to be interested in Manning. We have a great Qb, obviously not as good as Manning but he is a great qb.

We have so many other places to strengthen before we would even think about qb.

Just stupid to even think it was a posibility.
  4. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    :facepalm:
  5. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,322 Messages
    2,122 Likes Received
    Yeah because the offensive line never had issues and nary was a 3rd down pass incomplete when Manniing was under center.
  6. SDCowboy85

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    The guy is blaming Romo for our receivers inability to know what they're supposed to do...
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    This won't be popular but as long as my team doctors tell me medically he's worth the risk, I would do it too.

Romo is far from the problem. He's a really good QB who you can win with. He was absolutely our best player last year and deserves zero blame for this team failing to get into the postseason. He's a guy who gives us a chance with a rather mediocre supporting cast.

But he's not Peyton Manning. Let's be real here.

We've got issues galore on this team that have to be addressed for any QB to win, but this is a rare opportunity to get a guy who could be the greatest to ever play.....and he may play another 4-5 years.

I'd roll the dice and do it. I'm usually against these madden type moves but this is just too good to pass up. If it blows up, oh well. We at least took a shot at it. I would respect our front office for it. Especially since we wouldn't have to invest any draft picks into this move. In fact, you'd gain picks by following up and moving Romo.

But, again, it all would hinge on what the doctors told me.
  8. SDCowboy85

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    You're right. Romo's not Peyton. He's likely BETTER now than Peyton is now. Peyton would never be able to produce at Romo's level on this team. Never.
  9. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,305 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    File this one under "thank you, Captain Obvious." :facepalm:
  10. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    If he's a shell of his former self, perhaps. If he's anything like what he's been, he'd out play Romo on a regular basis.

Sorry, Peyton is in a different league.
  11. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,753 Messages
    2,403 Likes Received
    Peyton would not last 2 games behind this offensive line, seriously.
  12. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    There's another reason why the Cowboys won't be interested other than Jerry being loyal to Romo and that's Jason Garrett. Wherever Manning lands, he becomes the de facto offensive coordinator. Garrett's too hands on with his offense to allow that to happen, IMO.
  13. SDCowboy85

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    They produced at almost the exact same level Romo's whole career and that's when Peyton was in his prime on an infinitely better team than this one. I'm not saying Romo is better all time than Peyton but Peyton wouldn't last two game on this team. He'd be killed. The only reason our offense is as good as it is, is because of Romo's game and how he plays.
  14. BehindEnemyLinez

BehindEnemyLinez Optimist Prime

2,234 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Why this even has to be said is sad...then again, Romo has so many haters it's not really surprising. Manning behind the current o-line would be ugly and the dexterity of his repaired neck would be tested far too often.
  15. SDCowboy85

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    It is ridiculous. I can't believe this has turned into a story. Is it a story that the Chargers don't want him over Rivers? No. If you have one of the top QBs in the league, you aren't interested in Peyton. Of course since the media can make this a Romo story, they've run with it.
  16. Risen Star

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Yes. Peyton Manning would be killed here within two games.

Meanwhile Tony Romo marches on.

Good stuff. Appreciate the convo.
  17. SDCowboy85

15,024 Messages
    1,327 Likes Received
    If you can't tell the difference in their playstyle and how Romo is able to stay on the field on this team, then I don't know what to tell you.
  18. Big D

Big D Well-Known Member

2,261 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    I'd rather have Jeff Saturday!
  19. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jeez. Yeah, let's sign a QB who's 1-hit away from Stephen Hawking.
  20. dadymat

dadymat I'm kind of a Big Deal

6,022 Messages
    1 Likes Received

since when has anyone given JJ respect for taking a shot at something?.....if he traded Romo, brought in Manning only to last a few games and get re injured you and all the other haters would crucify him