1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys offseason begins April 21

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Apr 3, 2014.

1. guag

guag Right Kind of Guy

6,248 Messages
    1,293 Likes Received

Touché.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    I'm not criticizing you in any way.

I just can't figure out how unpaid bloggers manage to put out so much more and better information than a guy that gets paid to do it. I seriously wonder what a guy like Watkins does all day.

Somehow a guy like Bob Sturm manages to host a daily radio show, cover all the local sports and put more information in his blogs than a guy like Watkins that only covers the Cowboys as a writer.
  3. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,087 Messages
    5,637 Likes Received
    Oh I didn't take it that you were criticizing me, at all. Your post was directed at Watkins and while I'm no fan, tweets with basic info are the norm, and then whole articles follow-up later.

Agreed on the rest. But I also believe bloggers also don't have the constraints that paid journalists have when delivering info. Sturm has his own blog and he can write 5000 essays on a whim and put it up. Paid journalists, even Watkins, have word constraints and editors, and the like. It doesn't mean, he and others couldn't improve, just that I believe that bloggers don't have to carry the same standards with their work.
  4. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,674 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    lol
    Zordon likes this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

50,155 Messages
    4,341 Likes Received
    Anything to keep you entertained.
    Zordon likes this.
  6. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,313 Messages
    4,847 Likes Received
    Good points.

I should just praise the guys that do good work and ignore the guys I don't like. Here goes:

Bob Sturm: Hardest working of the paid media guys.

Mike Fisher: Most accurate with "inside" type Cowboys info. Twenty years ago this would have been Mickey, but once he started working for the team, not so much.

A guy named Jeff Cavanaugh: he is a radio guy that has appearently been going to Valley Ranch to watch film cut-ups of draft prospects.

Our own @NeonDeion21: Hardest working blogger.
    WoodysGirl likes this.
  7. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,663 Messages
    331 Likes Received
  8. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,941 Messages
    1,244 Likes Received
    My brother will turn 65 on April 21st, .. and my pup will turn 4 the same day.
  9. RoboQB

RoboQB Active Member

402 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    April 21st is when they start stacking good days on top of each other....:)