1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys OTA Media Tweetcap - 06/02/14

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jun 2, 2014.

1. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,973 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Durant seems like the backup MLB or starter if Hitchins isn't ready. I know these are just mini camps, but still interesting. Would've thought Holloman...
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  2. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,439 Messages
    3,679 Likes Received
    Marinelli has stated he does not want to stunt Carter's growth by putting him at MLB.

Translation: We cannot move him to MLB because he can't even handle the weak side.
  3. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

23,439 Messages
    3,679 Likes Received
    Actually the infinite and eternal patience we have with this player's injuries in particular is the most laughable.
  4. Dash28

Dash28 Felis silvestris catus

6,265 Messages
    313 Likes Received
    Our hamstring issues seem excessive but we follow them closely compared to other teams. I wonder how we compare on average with hamstring injuries with other teams?
  5. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,654 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    Would think so. His competition is a fourth-round rookie and possibly a fifth-round first-year player.
  6. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    104 Likes Received
    Holloman didn't practice but last year our first man up in the middle was Durant and well I expect him too get first crack at it especially cause of th experiece that way Hitchens isn't forced out there, if we were too start season like this I think it will help Hitchins sub in and sub out understanding the nfl game better, less pressure IMO
    BigStar likes this.
  7. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    The few

That sounds about right.
  8. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,441 Messages
    197 Likes Received
    I say sleeper because if you go to DC.com their talking about Holloman vs. Hitchens. We were talking about it in another thread and when Lee got hurt he looked pretty good filling in until he got hurt.
    JonJon likes this.
  9. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

8,654 Messages
    473 Likes Received
    It's possible Dallas wants to give Holloman a true chance to compete with Wilber before considering moving him to MLB. If Wilber and Holloman look better than the other options, it's possible both could end up starting.
    BigStar likes this.
  10. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

2,973 Messages
    1,132 Likes Received
    Very true and good point with Carter in la la land playing with flowers, who knows where his head will be.
    guag likes this.
  11. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,830 Messages
    285 Likes Received
    When pads come on and players can actually hit, we'll see how Durant does at MLB covering in open space and then tackling.
  12. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,821 Messages
    1,606 Likes Received
    I think it's the other way around. Durant and then Hitchen's...but open competition throughout the summer.
  13. Cumart21

Cumart21 Active Member

228 Messages
    103 Likes Received
    I'm tired of hearing about these injured guys. Hoping they're being cautious because it's only OTA's, but jeez already.
  14. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,508 Messages
    747 Likes Received
    Actually in Marinelli's defense, the weak side LB has more responsibilities than the MLB. In Tampa Bay, Derrick Brooks was the WLB. The MLB position was a mish mash of guys when they dominated the league.

The key to making the Tampa 2 work is having great players at the 3-tech (Sapp in Tampa) and the WLB (Brooks in Tampa). Safety too, where Lynch patrolled.

MLB is less important in the Tampa 2 than it is in pretty much all other defenses.
  15. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,261 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    I ain't worried about pesky hamstring issues when it's only OTA's in the beginning of June. Get back to me at the very end of TC and the start of preseason. We'll discuss then.
    guag likes this.
  16. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

1,666 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    Guy with an injury history working his way back slowly (hamstring). Why is this surprising?

Have any of you ever played a sport?

The zone armchair critics are hilarious.
    guag and 5Stars like this.
  17. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,741 Messages
    1,173 Likes Received
    Does fantasy football count? lol If so, you have a lot of pro bowlers and GM's on this board! lol
  18. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

5,516 Messages
    1,148 Likes Received
    Maybe Miles Austin was a carrier and infected the team.
  19. DallasDW00ds0n

DallasDW00ds0n Well-Known Member

3,063 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Matt Johnson! LoL
    CowboyStar88 likes this.
  20. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

3,462 Messages
    1,179 Likes Received
    So we switched to a defense that minimized our best player? Not to mention forcing man corners to play zone.