1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Practice Updates - 11/20/12

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 20, 2012.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,048 Messages
    3,981 Likes Received
    Jean-Jacques Taylor ‏@JJT_ESPNDallas
    Talked to miles Austin about the deep ball in OT when he appeared to let up. "That was my fault," he said

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
    Tyron Smith was officially limited in practice so that means he did something, possibly some individual drills...good news for Boys

Tom Orsborn ‏@tom_orsborn
    Doug Free says he's frustrated by his inability to match the high level he played at earlier in his career.

Carlos A. Mendez ‏@calexmendez
    Phil Costa makes an appearance in the locker room. In his bare feet. No wraps.

Asked Costa how he was doing. He said, 'Good.' Able to move around a little bit? 'I'm not doing interviews right now.'

Free says he's healthy. And even if he weren't, it wouldn't be an excuse. Part of the deal this time of year.

Free says comfidence not a problem. He's confident. But does get frustrated by his performance.

Cowboys are 2-0 with Joe, Troy and Pam this year.

Jon Machota ‏@jonmachota
    Doug Free: "I'm definitely frustrated. There's times when I do a great job and there's other times when I don't get it done exactly perfect"
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,421 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    That was puzzling for sure.
    It was one of the better balls Romo threw all day....not as good as that TD throw or the other long fade, but very good. On a day where he had some sail on him, it sucked seeing that throw go to waste.
    Oh well, we won.
  3. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    since when do we believe Miles Austin when he says it was his fault? Isn't he just covering for Tony?? ("lost it in the lights" reference)
  4. zack

zack Well-Known Member

2,070 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    I like Miles but he does this a lot. He did it last year in the Giants game and its Romo that gets the blame. Wanna bet if we lost that game the Media would have said Romo overthrew him in OT!
  5. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know, that game is the whole reason for what I posted, hence the ("in the lights" reference)
  6. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,071 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Looks like Tyron will at least give it go on Thursday. Otherwise, i think he'd be off his feet letting the ankle fully heal...
  7. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,046 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    That play was Miles fault. He took his route outside when he was supposed to run it up the hash - where the ball was thrown. Numerous coaches/scouts have verified this.

I'm glad Tony doesn't call his teammates out publicly, could you imagine the backlash that would cause? He's damned if you do, damned if you don't - so he just doesn't.

on a side note I can't wait until the day we get an average line so Miles can get back to his old form - since Garrett and Co don't seem to like him running very short routes.
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,106 Messages
    1,002 Likes Received
    miles can't run break off routes. he is great on longer developing flies, crossing or come back routes instead.

witten is the break off route guy. he doesnt lose body control but he isnt moving fast either, lol. for miles to stop and start on a dime he probably leaves his hamstring on the field.

we dont have a michael irvin that regard unless it is witten. dez has the physical tools but it takes time to develop the know how. quite a bit more complicated than it looks.
  9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,421 Messages
    1,897 Likes Received
    The route they are referring to was in the second half and was a semi fly route. The receiver can make a move sutter step early but 30 yards down the field he needs to be running full bore. Miles got 30 yards down field (while the ball is already in the air) and he slowed down again, then sped up to. Really odd. The announcers were wodnering why he slowed down and even replayed. Just bad route running by Miles on that one. It was a possible TD.
  10. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,159 Messages
    283 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  11. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,053 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    You dont say.

The whole turnstyle thing wore thin a long time ago.
  12. Ring Leader

Ring Leader Active Member

843 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Just when I'm finally coming to terms with the Crayton "pull up" in the 2007 playoff game vs the Giants. Bad memories man!
  13. ajk23az

ajk23az Through Pain Comes Clarity

7,664 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    How many times have we seen Austin not go all out for a pass? It has happened over and over and over. I firmly believe that he is scared of injuring himself if he dives for a ball. It's really frustrating.
  14. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,095 Messages
    435 Likes Received
    Doug Free finally speaks.
  15. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,053 Messages
    1,051 Likes Received
    Yes and he said I know I stink, I just cant do anything about it.
  16. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,874 Messages
    691 Likes Received
    Funny you mention Crayton. When I saw Miles do that, first thing I thought of was Crayton from 2007 playoff game. Our WRs need to finish off their routes whether the ball comes to them or not.
  17. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,956 Messages
    4,814 Likes Received
    That Crayton route was a completely different animal.
  18. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    He wouldn't even have had to dive for it and it had nothing to do with breaking off his route.. he simply quit on the play. If he had kept going it would have been a pretty easy catch and probably a TD.
  19. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,650 Messages
    743 Likes Received
    I think that is 100% correct. His hammy has been an issue for at least the past 2 seasons. Those extra bursts have probably done him in in the past and he is leary of making those end of run push-offs. He seemed to do the same thing on a slant pass earlier in the game. It also looks like he might be experiencing tightening during these "pulled-up" routes, because he seems to slow down carefully and on a few occasions, ends up on the sidelines bent over, in pain..,
  20. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,891 Messages
    1,123 Likes Received
    It's always something man, always something.