1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Pro-Bowl Nods

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Denim Chicken, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

5,475 Messages
    592 Likes Received

And L.P. Ladouceur :)
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,723 Messages
    9,973 Likes Received
    Witten was invisible the first two games when he wasn't dropping passes and take a look at his numbers after 9 games. It's pretty ridiculous considering he basically sat out the first two games.

I really don't care who makes the pro bowl. Never did. It's not why I watch football.
  3. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,723 Messages
    9,973 Likes Received
    Mr. Perfect. With all due respect to the late great Curt Hennig.
  4. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

15,070 Messages
    661 Likes Received
    My point was always that, even though he wasn't great in coverage, he made plays. He was criticized for being a "liability" in coverage the year he picked off five passes and led all safeties in takeaways. Now, we're just hoping to get five interceptions from our entire secondary. When Roy's performance declined and he no longer made those plays, he was let go.

A week or two ago, someone else made this same claim and asked, "How many sacks does he have in the last 5 minutes of one-possession games....when it truly counts?"

Here was the answer -- "Ware has seven of those in the past five seasons -- more than Robert Mathis (6), Jared Allen (4), Dwight Freeney (4), Lamar Woodley (4), Tamba Hali (4), Cameron Wake (4), Clay Matthews (3), Julius Peppers (2), James Harrison (1), Trent Cole (1), Terrell Suggs (0) and probably anyone else in the NFL."

I suppose your definition of "critical moments" might not include "in the last five minutes of one-possession games." So, tell me, exactly what would you consider "critical moments"?
  5. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

17,251 Messages
    1,408 Likes Received
    (chuckling to self) ...on grass roots common sense.:)
  6. DavidAK

DavidAK New Member

796 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Doesn't matter Pro-Bowl is not for the best players anymore..It's a popularity contest. Hopefully they cancel the game this year if it's not already been confirmed.
  7. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,163 Messages
    864 Likes Received
    That is a **** slap of epic proportions.
  8. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,949 Messages
    7,698 Likes Received
    Not as bad as the one earlier in the thread that send erod home for the last day and a half. :)
  9. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  10. BIGDen

BIGDen Dr. Freakasaurus Zone Supporter

4,438 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    Indeed. :laugh2: There are (blank)slaps and then there are Adam's (blank)slaps. I picture a gigantic hand just completely decapitating someone who is standing there with a "I (think) I know what the hell I'm talking about (but really don't)!" look on their face. You know, with their hands on their hips in a "know it all" posture. They're just standing there yapping away, spewing nonsense and...WHAM!!!!..the head just goes flying across the room. LOL. I don't know, the visual is making me laugh. :D