1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys QB

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by rcaldw, Nov 25, 2011.

1. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

6,491 Messages
    821 Likes Received
    Watching the Houston Cougars again today (my daughter is a graduate and my son-in-law played for them), and I would love for us to get Case Keenum in the draft next year.

He reminds me a lot of Romo. Great feet, good arm, and competes. I think he has enough question marks about him that he would last long enough for us to grab him. I know we have other need areas, but he's a guy you could let sit for 3-4 years and then step right in.
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,860 Messages
    2,642 Likes Received
    I'd love to know who your son-in-law is, but understand if you don't want that shared publicly.

You can PM me. :D
  3. 8FOR!3

8FOR!3 Well-Known Member

1,329 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    Yikes guys call me crazy but I was thinking the same thing about Case Keenum. He's done a heck of a job at replacing Kolb. Don't remember him being a big prospect in high school or anything, but he wasn't the biggest QB in the world and still isn't. Late round prospect maybe? Idk.
  4. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,778 Messages
    127 Likes Received
    He should be there in the 5th or 6th.....I jump on the Keenum train in a heartbeat.
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    NFL Draft Scout currently has him as their 169th best player, which would be a solid sixth rounder... I think that's a bit low, driven I'd guess by his injury history... but quarterbacks often go higher than they're ranked, so perhaps you'll see him come off the board in the 5th...

Other than the injury issues, I like him a lot...
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    On a semi-related note, I found out at Thanksgiving dinner that my cousin Lee's wife Susan, whose maiden name is Dawson, is a cousin of the Texas Rangers' Josh Hamilton...
  7. Aikbach

Aikbach Well-Known Member

9,722 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Definitely worth a look if in the fourth round or later.