1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys ranked 5th most valuable franchise in world; #1 in NFL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 15, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,056 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    Reality likes this.
  2. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,184 Messages
    1,539 Likes Received
    I feel like you could pretty much copy/paste this exact same article every year.
    danielofthesaints likes this.
  3. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,722 Messages
    1,273 Likes Received
    Well sort of. I mean it's the usual suspects at the top, and of course Dallas is the most valuable NFL franchise. But Dallas has dropped from #2 to #5 since 2011 despite generating 300MM more.

I also found it really interesting that Manchester United is no longer the most valuable after being at the top of the list for seemingly the last decade.
  4. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,833 Messages
    555 Likes Received
    Jumping in before anyone makes a comment about, "Yeah, but it's meaningless if the Cowboys have only won one playoff game in 15 years": This is a thread about financial value. It's not a thread about winning, or championships.

Threads about winning can be found elsewhere. This is a thread about financial value.
  5. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,656 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    I have to suspect that America's growing interest in soccer is helping fill the coffees of big time soccer franchises in Europe. Where I live, 10 years ago, I NEVER saw anybody where official soccer jerseys, gear, etc... now I see it all the time -- mainly in the 10 - 29 crowd but increasingly in older folks as well.
    Coy likes this.
  6. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Considering soccer is the most popular spectator sport in the world, pretty impressive the Cowboys cracked the top 5.
  7. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,656 Messages
    1,508 Likes Received
    The #1 team is Real Madrid. I thought it was interesting that they don't have an single owner -- it is owned by its 93,000 members, who pay $195 annually. Members get discounts on tickets and merchandise.
  8. Sean50Lee

Sean50Lee Active Member

580 Messages
    94 Likes Received
    America's Team
  9. Venger

Venger Well-Known Member

2,471 Messages
    397 Likes Received
    Way to bring up the rear, Eagles...
  10. Coy

Coy Well-Known Member

2,262 Messages
    642 Likes Received
    Good and valid point, it’s one thing to watch an MLS game and a whole different thing watching the likes of Man U, Real Madrid or Barcelona, that is actually pretty entertaining.
  11. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,287 Messages
    901 Likes Received
    And people wonder why Jerry will never change. That's not a dab at him either, but why fix what ain't broken?
  12. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    They always have had the business side of things down.... Finally it looks like they are getting the football side of it down, I really really like this team and the direction it is going
    Cowboysfan1975 likes this.
  13. DejectedFan1996

DejectedFan1996 Active Member

676 Messages
    207 Likes Received
    Wow this is the first year the Yankees have passed the Cowboys. I'm shocked...
  14. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    I don't think they have the business side down. I think they're milking past glories while the other big orgazinations are aggressively expanding their brand worldwide.
  15. KB1122

KB1122 Well-Known Member

1,354 Messages
    292 Likes Received
    The Yankees just joined with Manchester City to bring an MLS team to NYC proper. One team is working to expand its brand worldwide. One team is trying to figure out what rap its owner is going to do in a local pizza commercial.