1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray could miss Week 11

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 13, 2012.

1. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,630 Messages
    291 Likes Received
    murray is overrated.

decent running back, but top 10? no sir
  2. tecolote

tecolote Well-Known Member

1,789 Messages
    552 Likes Received
    This is obvious, we have two games in 5 days, he has not played in 5 weeks, if he plays on Sunday he will be sore and tired on Thursday. Just play him on thanksgiving and then he has 10 days till the next game and fresh for the rest of the season.

Dallas can beat Cleveland without him, if we can't, we would not go to the playoffs anyway.

I bet he plays against Wash, I would do the same.
  3. Gameover

Gameover Well-Known Member

2,731 Messages
    364 Likes Received
    He's the GM.
  4. CoCo

CoCo Well-Known Member

5,532 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    I've been expecting that Murray would NOT play this weekend. And I also won't be surprised if he sits on T'giving. That extra rest to get over the hump will be too tempting I suspect.
  5. Section444

Section444 Well-Known Member

4,277 Messages
    812 Likes Received
    I'm pretty much done with this guy. He has all the talent in the world, but he's not reliable, and thus is not the answer.
  6. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,378 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    No he's not, why because he has been injury prone very early in his career? Felix has been worse than he has.

DeMarco has shown he can be an elite back and I still believe he will. I said the same thing about Sean Lee and I'll stand by it. Murray will be a pro bowler and so will Sean Lee.
  7. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well,, now that we attempet 2 passes on 2nd and 1.. other teams definitally will think we are going to run the ball in that situation...So in Garretts way of thinking that means pass
  8. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,731 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    Murray looks to be as injury prone as Felix unlikely the Cowboys ever get a full season out of him. Even before he was injured he didn't look all that impressive. He had the one good game vs the Giants on opening night but did virtually nothing the following 3 games. He had 17 runs for negative yardage. Granted the OL played a part but he was cutting back a lot rather than being decisive and going where the play was designed. He was reversing his field too much and it resulted in a number of negative carries.

He was looking real good vs the Ravens until he got hurt. His last 3 full games last season weren't very good. I think a few got a little too carried away after his 253 yard performance vs the Rams last season. He's a "good" back but hasn't been very consistent and can't stay healthy. He certainly can't be counted on for 16 games so the Cowboys are going to have to find a back who can split carries with him and take over when he gets hurt.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,731 Messages
    828 Likes Received
    The problem with committing to the run it keeps you from scoring many points. The Cowboys are going to have to start getting the ball down the field like they did against Philly with Dez. You can't just put every game on your defense the Cowboys offense needs to put TD's on the board and you do that via the pass.

With all the turnovers Romo has committed and the protection issues Garrett wants to play it safe but take my word for it he's going to have to start opening up the offense if the Cowboys are going to stay in the playoff hunt.
  10. Vintage

Vintage The Cult of Jib

13,052 Messages
    738 Likes Received
    We have no reliable RBs.

Murray shouldn't be trusted to stay healthy for an entire season. Why even build around him?
  11. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,821 Messages
    425 Likes Received
    Have to say-this guy is becoming frustrating to say the least.

Matt Forte was supposed to be gone four/five weeks and he plays against the Boys with basically one leg a week after injuring himself.

Is this another case of the Cowboys, once again, coddling players??
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,450 Messages
    299 Likes Received
    Murray seems to be another in a long line of flash in the pan Cowboy RB's. This is dissapointing. I hate to say it, but unless someone else steps up, it's a need next year. Going forward with just Murray/Jones is a handicap.
  13. popp1234

popp1234 You will never outwork me, you talented bum! Zone Supporter

3,148 Messages
    219 Likes Received
    So I guess that means he is fine and he will play this week?
  14. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,151 Messages
    4,257 Likes Received
    cowboys are learning the hard way that he is not a workhorse type back. that running style is going to catch up with him quick. i bet we spend another draft pick on a rb next year.
  15. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,414 Messages
    561 Likes Received
    If there's a RB we like between rounds 2-4 in the draft this year it might be wise to pull the trigger. I like Murray but everyone knew about his durability issues coming out of college so it's not surprising it carried over to the pros.
  16. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Murray will never be a Pro Bowl RB. He will never play a full season.

We need to draft a reliable RB. Doesn't have to be AD quality, just someone that can get positive yds and stay healthly. We knew Murray had injury probelms in college, but chose him anyway.

If Felix can ever get and stay healthly, we will be OK at RB this year.
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,856 Messages
    2,100 Likes Received
    How quick fans turn on a player.
  18. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,528 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    I love Murray potential but it seems he can't stay healthy. Look at what Doug Martin has done for Tampa bay. Literally has made them into a playoff contender. We need to address the oline and running back early in this offseason
  19. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,180 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    Would be nice to have that Ray Rice/Doug Martin type back. But I think Garrett and Jones prefer the "track stars" like Jones and Murray. It hasn't work out with Jones as he will be gone next year, we'll see about Murray. So far it's not looking good for him either.
  20. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,856 Messages
    2,100 Likes Received
    Murray is not a track star.