1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys RB DeMarco Murray could miss Week 11

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Gryphon, Nov 13, 2012.

1. DMAC

DMAC Member

285 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Then our coaches are more stupid than I thought!
  2. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    According to the injury report it's his foot.
  3. Boys122

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
  4. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,169 Messages
    2,343 Likes Received
    My gut is the soonest he plays will be against Philly.
  5. Boys122

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    If it means he'll be a 100%, I'll be patient and wait but Jones, Tanner and Dunbar need to step it up. Jones had a solid game against Philly, now he needs to pour it on against Cleveland and Washington.

Let's hope our OL can help and run block without any mental errors.
  6. Boys122

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I hate to admit it but I actually agree with Jerry in that article.
  7. 808CowboyFan

808CowboyFan Member

124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How many games did he miss in college, 4 maybe?
    If he was that injury prone, I dont think he'd hold as many of the rushing records that he has in Oklahoma, where Adrian Peterson is from.
    Injuries are a part of the game, especially when you're a running back. But IMO it's too early to call him injury prone.
  8. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    1,048 Likes Received
    Why not? It is just an opinion, knee-jerk though it may be.

Once his career is over and his whole body of work can be evaluated, then it can be determined whether he was "injury prone." :D
  9. Blackspider214

Blackspider214 Well-Known Member

2,664 Messages
    969 Likes Received
    This guy had serious injury problems at OU, yet we drafted him anyways. This is what we get and should not be surprised. Sean Lee as well. Everyone we draft of any value is made of glass and can never stay on the field.

This kid will be injured for a good length of time every single season. Thanks Jerry.
  10. BruceLee5450

BruceLee5450 Well-Known Member

2,113 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    People say he needs to man up like Forte and play through it, well from what I have heard from him he wants to play & is willing to fight through this injury, but the coaching staff wants him to pass a # of tests & won't risk making the injury worse. Something wrong with his body or our training staff if he can't get to 100% after the Redskins game having all that time off to recover
  11. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I'd rest him until after Thanksgiving.
  12. Gryphon

Gryphon Merge Ahead

3,389 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cowboys | DeMarco Murray out a few more weeks?
    Wed, 14 Nov 2012 10:40:03 -0800

Dallas Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones made it sound as if RB DeMarco Murray (foot) will miss another couple of weeks. "I think we are getting better, is the big thing," Jones said. "I think we're starting to protect the ball. I think turnovers are starting to come our way and I think we're getting healthier. We'll get DeMarco Murray back probably here in a couple weeks."

0 Comments | Source: The Dallas Morning News - Jon Machota

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz2CE1de3Uu
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,660 Messages
    269 Likes Received

That's not encouraging at all. Back in a couple weeks ? Demarco made it sound like he was going to play this week. Until Stephen and Jerry are trying to play coy for the browns game
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,769 Likes Received
    Given the fact they are facing 2 games in just a few days I would keep Murray out vs the Browns and start him in the redskins game. After the skins game we have 11 days before our next game.
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,927 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    Lee has been a much better, more consistent player than Murray. Although Lee has injury issues fans aren't going to be so quick to get down on him because he's been so good. Lee is one of the teams leaders and has developed into one of the best young LB's in the league. Hopefully injuries won't mar his career. Murray has been closer to a flash in the pan than anything else. He's had 12 starts and played almost the entire game vs the Rams in 2011. In those 13 games he only performed real well in 6 of them. After his spectacular performance vs the Rams he reeled off 3 more terrific games then hit a wall.

He didn't average more than 4 yards a carry in his next 3 games. He started off good vs the Giants in week 14 but got hurt and never played again the rest of the 2011 season. I made a comment after the season that I thought teams had started figuring him out a little and some took exception to that. The fact is he had one good game this season on opening night vs the Giants and did nothing until week 4 vs the Ravens. I mentioned he had 17 negative carries this season. He averaged only 3.7 per carry vs Seattle. He averaged only 2.1 per carry the following week vs TB and only 2.2 per carry the week after that vs Chicago.

He's averaged under 4 yards per carry in 5 of his 12 career starts. At times he's looked excellent but at other times he hasn't looked very good cutting back reversing his field and getting taken down for losses. He had 18 carries vs TB and could only manage 2.2 per carry. I'm certainly not putting all the blame on him because the OL has clearly played a part but at times he tries to get cute and make something happen when there isn't anything there and it's resulted in negative yards. Sometimes you just have to go where the play is designed, lower your head and get whatever you can.

I like Murray but like most I'm frustrated he can't stay healthy. When he gets hurt it turns into a lengthy injury that causes him to miss a number of games. At least Felix has been able to play in some games when not 100% but it appears Murray has to be just right or he can't play. A back like that can't be counted on.