1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys reach 6 year deal with Romo

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BruceLee5450, Mar 29, 2013.

1. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,938 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Crazytown USA.
  2. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,886 Messages
    1,114 Likes Received
    I've heard this exact same quote 5 years ago. Still waiting.
  3. Bleu Star

Bleu Star Agent Coulson

19,331 Messages
    713 Likes Received
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,505 Messages
    281 Likes Received
    How about including super bowls wins in that list. Isn't that all that really matters anyway. Give me a QB with a 85 career rating that doesn't make the mistake that ends the season and I'd be much happier.
  5. Wayne02

Wayne02 Well-Known Member

1,720 Messages
    256 Likes Received
    That's the only way you're ever going to see Romo lead a team to a Super Bowl, in your imagination.
  6. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,603 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    The haters get to complain about Romo for years more to come. :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh2: :laugh1:
  7. coogrfan

coogrfan Well-Known Member

1,434 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    "One person", huh? You might want to watch the play again.

The Skins brought their entire front seven at the snap. The interior OL fails miserably, allowing one of the Skins ILB's a free run right up the middle. Romo sees this and decides to check down to his RB, whom he anticipates will be open in the left flat because the ROLB was coming on the blitz. One problem: the ROLB (Rob Jackson) peels off with the RB, but Romo fails to see this because he's (understandably) focused on the guy coming up the middle. Romo throws the ball, Jackson makes the pick; ballgame.

Saying that pick was entirely Romo' fault demonstrates a lack of understanding of the sport. As is usually the case in football it was a team effort. :(
  8. CbobbyB

CbobbyB New Member

12 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Dumb move. Just dumb.
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,459 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Agreed with everything you posted, cept 1 thing. "Ballgame." The "Ballgame" wasn't over after that INT. It was over, after Hatcher was called for Roughing the Passer on 3rd down on the Skins drive after the pick. If the penalty doesn't happen, Skins kick a FG & go up by 6 & Romo gets the ball back, with a shot at winning the "Ballgame." Sadly, the penalty DID happen, giving the Skins a new set of downs, which they used to punch the ball into the Endzone to go up 10. THEN it was "Ballgame."
  10. coogrfan

1,434 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Fair enough.
  11. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    What did people expect Tony to sign for with this extension, anyway? Given his position in the talks, this is pretty much in keeping with what everybody expected him to get, isn't it? Were we more expecting him to sign undermarket? Or hoping to just let him walk? Or are we just roaring because the number is large and that's what we do when we see a large number?

I guess I just don't understand the problem here very well.
  12. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Member

463 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Stop. You're talking actual team football. It will only confuse them.
  13. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,505 Messages
    181 Likes Received
    Took the words out of my mouth.
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received

What about the other two? Particularly the one to Miles? Romo played one of his worst games at the worst of times. It is a team sport. Romo is part of the team. Is he the main problem? NO. But he is NOT absolved on why this team has just one playoff win.

Bottom line, the team must improve, including Mr. Romo.
  15. Idgit

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    I agree with all of this. That said, that's a ball Romo needs to throw away. It's a perfect example of him compounding someone else's mistake, and it was a backbreaker.
  16. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,269 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    He would've been a free agent at 34 next year. Nobody would've gave him the contract we did.

We overpaid. Bottom line. It is what it is.
  17. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,401 Messages
    548 Likes Received
    That has never or will ever be part of Tony's game. He doesnt know when to just "give up" see another play. But, the thing is sometimes, he will do miraculous things in that situation, but other times..like you mentioned will be backbreakers.

Thats, Tony. Six. More. Years.
  18. Idgit

28,878 Messages
    4,695 Likes Received
    I believe you're very, very wrong about that. I think Tony would have made a lot more money on the open market than he'd have made here over the next three years. It just stands to reason that the most any team would pay is likely to be more than the most one team would pay.

Tony has a problem with this, but there are times when he does it better than others. The problem is, he's able to make good plays out of bad ones better than almost anybody playing right now. Some of the time. Sometimes those plays end up disastrous. It's a fine line, and it's the difference between winning and losing close games sometimes. Especially when there's no margin for error because your defense can't take the ball away often enough or your OL protect well enough to keep you out of dicey situations.
  19. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

3,603 Messages
    376 Likes Received

Keep telling yourself that. :laugh1: :laugh2:
  20. coogrfan

1,434 Messages
    151 Likes Received
    Absolutely. Romo's not blameless, but in his tenure as our starting QB he is (imho) more sinned against than sinner.