1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys receive official permission to talk to Joey Harrington...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by SALADIN, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Any chance at all that Parcells is going through the motions here to see how Henson handles it? You know, add a little more pressure to the cooker to see what unfolds over there.

Just a thought. I'm terrible at evaluating talent so I'll leave it up to Parcells. If he thinks Romo is better, great. If he thinks Henson is the man, great. If it's Harrington, great.

For right now, I'm behind Bledsoe because he's our starter.
  2. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    1+1+1=5 :)

The powers that be... would like to have an experienced QB as backup.

Romo or Henson would be cut, so,which one would it be?

I guess we will see.....??????????
  3. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,511 Messages
    1,499 Likes Received
    Hey CBz.

So, what do you think, 71 team?
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,527 Messages
    471 Likes Received

OMFG...

All these whiners complaining that we need a backup QB with experience, and now we're looking to get one and they complain that "he hasn't proven himself".

You f'in kidding me?!

If he had proven himself then the Lions wouldn't of signed those other QBs, Harrington would be their undisputed starting QB, and they wouldn't be looking to trade him.
  5. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,763 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I really hope we get Harrington for a 6th or 7th round pick. If Bledsoe goes down the season is over. I think Harrington has proven alot more than both Romo and Henson. Maybe Parcell can resurrect his career like the 49ers did for Steve Young.
  6. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

10,415 Messages
    1,621 Likes Received
    The voice of common sense has spoken.

Sadly, common sense is sorely lacking on Internet message boards.

You know their M.O.:
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me
    Whoooooaaaaaaa
    Deep dark depression, excessive misery
    Whooooooaaaaaa
    If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all,
    Gloom, despair, and agony on me

They just aren't happy unless they can complain about something.
  7. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

6,993 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Based on what ? Career stats ?

We have no idea of what Romo can do at all. He's yet to throw an regular season pass ! I'm not that hyped on Harrington, but to say Romo is better is just nonsense and not based on any tangible results.
  8. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

6,993 Messages
    71 Likes Received
    Not that I'm for Joey, but if we did it would be Romo getting the boot. Henson is locked in long term and Romo hasn't been able to even throw 1 reg season pass in 4 years. Doubt he'd be resigned again anyhow.
  9. felix360

felix360 Active Member

1,142 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    If, and thats a big if, this is true, i would say that Joey would prefer to come here than Miami or KC or Seattle or whichever other team is interested. All those other teams would want him as a permanent back up. With DC he would have to sit one year, at the most 2, to prove himself.

But i would not pay him the money he is due this year, he would have to reconstruct his contract.
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Man leave Harrington in Detroit, we have a future QB waiting in the draft, Omar Jacobs!!!:cool:
  11. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Could be???.....before I answer that....let's see if this turns out to be truth or fiction. ;)
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

8,694 Messages
    1,155 Likes Received

Who says it's that guy you will not name, maybe it's the other guy. BP could be playing up ROMO, taking pressure off the nameless guy to work a trade for ROMO. Just a thought, but no worse than any others I seen before.
  13. thewivil

thewivil Member

737 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't see why people think obtaining Harrington would signal the end of Henson's days in Dallas.

Henson clearly has more upside than Romo, so it would behoove the Cowboys to keep Henson more than it would Romo. If this deal does happen, Henson will have a few more seasons to develop and really be ready to compete against Harrington for the starting position once Bledsoe hangs 'em up.

I think getting Harrington means the end for Romo.
  14. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received

The only thing I would say is that Romo is now in his fourth season with the Cowboys and we have not changed offensive systems during that stretch. If he is not capable of being an adequate backup at this point in time in the team's estimation, he probably never will be and should be traded or released.

There is really not point in keeping him here any longer hoping he is going to develop.

I would say the same thing applies to Henson next year - if he can't run the offense proficiently he should be sent packing.
  15. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Lost in the Woods

4,451 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    That's very possible. But at some point you have to produce on the field and up to this point Henson, despite all the optimism and hopes which I too share, has not delivered. At this point, I would feel more comfortable with someone with some experience over either of these two guys whatever their longterm potential.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Anyone who thinks Henson is off this team does not understand the fact that Jerry Jones OWNS this team.

For those of you who don't know what that means, it means Jerry Jones, not Bill "Short Term" Parcells makes the decision on Henson. Jerry has made it very clear Henson isn't going anywhere, anytime soon.

If we get Harrington, say goodbye to Romo.
  17. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,527 Messages
    471 Likes Received

:lmao:

Good stuff, AF!

Excellent point. I agree 100%. I think it'll come down to training camp. Henson and Romo would be battling for the #3 spot.
  18. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,303 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Don't know why, but when I first heard Detroit was going to get rid of Harrington, I thought, watch he will end up a Cowboy. ::mad:
  19. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    The thing I don't quite understand about all of this is what is the point of keeping Romo as a developmental QB if he is not deemed an adequate backup QB at this point in time? He has been working in the same system for 4 years - either he can play or he can't. The FO should have come to a conclusion on this matter by now.

Henson can still be considered developmental at this stage of his career with his long layoff but I would expect him to be a capable backup by next year.
  20. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,451 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    I think the Cowboys could get something from Sean Payton and the Saints for Romo. Not necessarily a Day One draft pick, but something is better than nothing.