1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys receive official permission to talk to Joey Harrington...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by SALADIN, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Chevyman08

Chevyman08 Active Member

209 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    If Harrington comes in it's goodbye Romo.

Henson's not going anywhere.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received
    I think it's just a matter of finding a good quality veteran backup with experience. It's obvious they are in "Superbow or bust" mode so they want to make sure to have a backup with experience incase DB gets hurt.

JMO

It's not fair for anyone to judge Romo (referring to the cowboys FO, not us fans) since he's never played in a game before.

And still, it very well could be Henson that gets the boot. Nobody knows. Last time the cowboys sent a QB to europe they ended up pursuing another one. That ended up spelling the end for the guy in europe.

Not saying it'll happen again. We just don't know.

That's why I think it would come down to training camp. Henson vs Romo, may the best man win.
  3. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

That's what everybody said about Quincy Carter when we brought in Henson. But it was JJ's boytoy Hutchinson that got the boot.

I'm not a Hensonite or a Romosexual (or whatever they're calling themselves). I'm a cowboys fan. I have no bias in this whatsoever. Logic tells me there would be a battle in camp for the #3 spot between Romo and Henson.

Still, it's a bit early to be discussing any of this cuz Harrington is not a cowboy, and he may very well end up never being a cowboy. What do the Lions want for him anyway? Anyone know?
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,741 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Hutchless is different from Henson in that it appears at least that Henson is liked by Parcells whereas Parcells hated Hutchless.
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,130 Messages
    145 Likes Received
    NO with Payton or maybe PGA or amature tour ?

I like Tony, but I liked Clint Stoneor and Jason Garrett too ! He reminds me of them. Like I have been saying for months...We will know a lot more about Henson after NFLE...Tony's arrogance in not going will be his downfall here.
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

That means nothing cuz Parcells also likes Romo.
  7. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,533 Messages
    5,723 Likes Received
    I never got the impression Jones loved Hutchinson. Carter was clearly Jones' choice due to what he had to go through to get him.

I always thought he was a Coslet object of desire.
  8. rw54

rw54 Member

277 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think its highly unlikely we go to TC with only three QB's again. They could be gauging Harrington's mindset on competing for the backup, and then let the chips fall where they may in camp. Personally, I like both Romo and Henson better than him.
  9. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,354 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    ****...isn't there a 3rd Detmer brother or something we can go after instead?
  10. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    better holder maybe? cause that's all he's done in the NFL :)
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

JJ clearly liked Hutch more after Carter yelled at him during the Cardinals game (I think it was that game).
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

BS! He's also taken a knee one time!
  13. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:
  14. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    :ralph: :puke: :ralph:
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,635 Messages
    589 Likes Received

What? If Greg Ellis were to be involved in a trade for Harrington it better be the LIONS giving up picks, not us.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,026 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    This whole Harrington to Dallas scenario has to be based on Parcells and Millen's friendship.

It's been reported and is well known that Millen has a close relationship with Harrington and wants to see him succeed somewhere.

Millen's friendship with Parcells is also well-known.

Connect the dots and it's easy to recognize that Millen is privately telling Harrington that Dallas is a good place for him.

Something tells me this story has legs and the more I read the more I can see Harrington in Dallas next year. When you consider the fact that this morning, (before the news broke on the Ticket and the DMN ran the story), guys like Pat Kirwan and Carl Banks were on satellite radio saying Dallas would be a good fit for Harrington, you have to believe these guys know something and there is some serious talk going on between Dallas, Detroit and Harrington's camp.
  17. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,334 Messages
    102 Likes Received
    Where there is smoke there is fire.....I think this happens.
  18. BlueWave

BlueWave New Member

1,069 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It would not be for Bill, it would be with the foresight towards the future when both Bledsoe and Parcells are gone.

I could easily see Romo traded to NO if Harrington is brought in.

Great situation for Harrington. No pressure. Sit behind Bledsoe for two or three years and take it slowly. If Bledsoe does go down, at least Harrington has won some games in the NFL.
  19. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,453 Messages
    2,070 Likes Received
    I think it depends on Harrington's willingness to take a significant paycut in order to resurrect his career.

:write:
  20. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

25,533 Messages
    5,723 Likes Received
    I would hope it doesn't entail us surrendering a draft choice above the fifth round.

Harrington has all kinds of potential. But he also has enough of the warning signs of a bust to make you want to pass.