Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Resign McFadden to one year contract

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Kaiser, Mar 16, 2017.

1. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

31,109 Messages
    14,810 Likes Received
    Not get hurt. Again and again and again.

2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

88,283 Messages
    11,254 Likes Received
    Cowboys also have a core of players who will be remaining for the foreseeable future. Yes there are some like McFadden who is about to hit 30 with a 1 year deal as insurance for the Cowboys. You will not sign everyone to long term deals nor should they but keeping a key group together I think is big for this team. Dak, Zeke, the OL, Dez, Williams, Beasley

3. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    In hindsight it should have been Morris if they insisted on bringing DMC back

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    I think the idea with DMC was to have him part of the playoffs and the team obviously wasn't planning on being eliminated by a superhuman performance by Aaron Rodgers.

Also Morris looked spent by the time DMC came back, he wasn't much of an option and Dunbar has always been a 3rd Down/Specialty back.

I wish we still had Jackson but I think people overestimate him here. There was a point where Ryan Williams was the RB everyone loved too and he didn't stick in the NFL after we cut him. I think Jackson can replaced pretty easily.

5. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Benched

3,357 Messages
    3,386 Likes Received
    I'd agree. I think there's a lot of rueing about Jackson as if he'd proven anything. I'm sure we can find an apt replacement.

LocimusPrime and Kaiser like this.
  6. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,359 Messages
    27,531 Likes Received
    Most late round picks can be "replaced". Just seems a waste to keep a player on the roster all year, then try to sneak him through waivers. These other teams scout too.

bkight13 likes this.
  7. Kaiser

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    The year we drafted Inmate Randle there were a lot of RBs available in rounds 4 - 6 and Dallas clearly waited till the 5th to grab one because they knew a capable RB would be there. This draft seems like the same type of draft.

8. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    It is just a little foresight

3 'free years' out of DJackson is much more valuable than a few carries from Morris or DMC......those are the guys that are a dime a dozen

Now we have to waste a draft pick just to get back to even

It was the dumbest move we made since counting on Randle to lead the RBBC

9. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,359 Messages
    27,531 Likes Received
    You forgot about Brandon Weeden as the backup and trading a fifth for Matt Cassel too though.

10. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    And they pounced on him.......several teams claimed him

We can't be GB Jrs and throw away draft picks and rookies instead of 30 yr old RBs

Are we a comp draft pick team or the UNICEF Loyalty Squad......the 'Do-Righters'......'DMC was so nice in 2015 we want to pay him for all of 2016 even though he has a broken arm that won't ever heal"

11. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    no I didn't....lol

12. Kaiser

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    Mehh. Hard to predict that one of your players will start hearing voices in his head, I dont fault Dallas for that.

And the RBBC was the right decision and was their third option. First was DeMarco taking a reasonable deal and second was bringing in a draft pick. When they didn't overpay in either situation, they went with the committee and still got 1500 yards rushing out of the group that included your bestie DMC, the underwear bandit and scrap heap guys like Robert Turbin.

13. bkight13

bkight13 Capologist

16,608 Messages
    11,754 Likes Received
    I ain't buying and you stop selling that the RBBC was a success by any measure except that it drove us straight into Zeke's loving arms

14. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

6,195 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    I am not as upset about the player as the thought process. Why risk a guy you like to keep a guy you like less? That is really pretty stupid if you think about it.

Idgit likes this.
  15. Verdict

6,195 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    I like the way you think. We could use someone like you at the negotiating table.

Idgit likes this.
  16. Verdict

6,195 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received
    Ahhh, the underwear bandit! Good times!!

I still don't get why we insisted on playing him in front of DMC. DMC was clearly a much better player and it's not like the underwear bandit was lighting the world on fire

17. Idgit

Idgit That sounds really boring Staff Member

44,831 Messages
    28,653 Likes Received
    I agree on the process, but I also don't like that we lost the player. He was the young 3rd RB who could contribute on Its for us for a year and then move into McFadden's backup role next season. Now we're going to have to find one somewhere, and it'll probably end up being a UDFA rotational player like the ones we pick up and drop every offseason. Ben Malena, anybody?

18. Verdict

6,195 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received

Yeah, I agree with everything you just said. We pissed off a draft pick too.

I am just saying that thought process that the team used was stupidity at its finest in action unless there is something we don't know about going on behind the scenes.

19. Verdict

6,195 Messages
    1,746 Likes Received

What makes it even worse is that we seemed to value Dunbar and he really hadn't been worth a **** since his injury.

20. Kaiser

4,223 Messages
    5,403 Likes Received
    I think DMC wasn't completely healthy and Randle knew the scheme better, so they ended up starting Randle

rocyaice likes this.