1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys rooke Tyrone Crawford likes the way he's playing, but he'd like some stats to

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Nov 14, 2012.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    Rookie defensive end Tyrone Crawford has played in every game, but he’d like more to show for it than 14 tackles.

“Kind of, yeah,” he said. “I like to see progress when I’m making plays. I haven’t seen much, you know, stats, when I’m out there. But I feel like I’m playing well.”

Crawford is probably going to get a chance to fill the stat sheet now. The Cowboys might be asking more of him and fellow rookie Ben Bass in the absence of Kenyon Coleman, who went on injured reserve this week with a triceps injury.

Crawford played 17 defensive snaps against Philadelphia and 19 the previous week against Atlanta, his busiest two-week stretch of the season. He produced five tackles and one quarterback pressure, knocking down Nick Foles.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...eferral&utm_campaign=br_cowboys#storylink=cpy
  2. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,503 Messages
    9,657 Likes Received
    It's be nice. We need a major overhaul on both lines and it would be great if Crawford is the first piece towards that.
  3. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,888 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I hope Crawford plays lights out. Wouldn't be the first time a back up on our team puts up crazy stats after the starter was injured. I want sacks, pressures and stuffs. And if course he has to play good vs the run.
  4. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,392 Messages
    5,916 Likes Received
    amen. if crawford doesn't pan out then 2012 is looking like another mediocre draft.
  5. TTexasTT

TTexasTT Well-Known Member

1,926 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Id love for someone on the Dline to step up big time. Ratiff always seems to be the only one making big plays. Prior to the season my friends and I were all making bold predictions, mine was that Hatcher would be in the pro bowl. lol
  6. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    :confused:

Already giving up on the rest?
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

4,053 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    Claiborne looks mediocre?
  8. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,153 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    ^Looking like a rookie sometimes makes him a bust I guess...
  9. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,685 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Maybe not, but it would be a rarity. :lmao2:
  10. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,858 Messages
    7,580 Likes Received
    It would be huge if we hit on Crawford.

It may hurt us in the immediate term, but I'm excited to at least have him get more snaps.

I thought Hatcher might explode, too. Lissemore, too, is a player I thought would step up into the role of effective starter this season. From training camp on, we've had a lot of injury issues this year.