1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Cowboys signed DT Terrell McClain

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Mar 12, 2014.

1. iowast8rs

iowast8rs Well-Known Member

995 Messages
    406 Likes Received
    An optimist.
    mcompact and TheCowboy like this.
  2. Floaty

Floaty Well-Known Member

1,694 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    A career backup......Yet we sign this guy to a 3 year deal which should have been a 1 year deal. Only in Dallas:eek:

Then again....I guess we gotta cover our bases on the D-line so we can reach for Johnny Manziel in the 1st
    cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  3. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

11,278 Messages
    2,660 Likes Received
    Rather than get these guys into minicamp and training camp? Logically, isn't that backwards?
  4. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

4,011 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Terrell McClain (born July 20, 1988) is an American football nose tackle for the National Football League (NFL) who plays with the Houston Texans. He was drafted by the Carolina Panthers in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of South Florida. He played 50 games and Started 33 games at University of South Florida.

He's listed at 6-2 300lbs and has 20 tackles and 1 sack in his career. Got 29 reps and 4.98 forty at the 2011 combine and 4.85 forty later at his pro day. Maybe Marinelli can motivate this guy and get more production out of him.
  5. Corleone

Corleone Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    @fishsports: #cowboys tell me they've signed DT Terrell McClain. Age 25. 6-2 300. 1-tech. Source: 'Solid player, young, upside, adds competition'
  6. Nation

Nation Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,139 Messages
    1,728 Likes Received
    Oh my goodness gracious our first free agency signing was a depth move for very little money, everyone follow me to the nearest bridge to jump off of it! I can't believe we aren't replicating our championship 2012 Free Agency strategy of giant contracts to Brandon Carr, Nate Livings, and Dan Connor!
    shmee likes this.
  7. Galian Beast

Galian Beast Well-Known Member

11,278 Messages
    2,660 Likes Received
    How much signing bonus did he get?
  8. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

357 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    It's very frustrsating not to hear any news regarding FA signings, but let's be honest, Dallas is paying the due for all the bad choices, excesive contracts given in the past, defficient drafts, etc. So, we should not be surprised at all.
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Everything is everything... Staff Member

69,514 Messages
    10,390 Likes Received
  10. WittenFan

WittenFan Member

100 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I'll reserve an opinion until I see the $$$ numbers. Sometimes, all it takes is the right coach/system to turn a player around. I mean, if Marinelli proved anything last year he proved he could make those "off the street" DLineman play beyond the level of what anyone expected of them. If he was brought in as a cheap, rotational/depth player I'm fine with it.
  11. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

4,379 Messages
    1,032 Likes Received
    and we signed him on the 2nd day of FA. What was the rush? Has to be at least 15 Free Agent DT's better than this guy we could have reached out to, gauge interest. Who else was going to sign this guy?
    guag likes this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

28,016 Messages
    8,196 Likes Received
    Nothing like picking up depth when you do not even have a single viable starter on the DL under contract.
    guag and Mr Cowboy like this.
  13. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

5,131 Messages
    1,059 Likes Received
  14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

28,016 Messages
    8,196 Likes Received
    I am sure he was in hot demand. Our crack personnel department has been hot on his trail since the season ended. Perfect rushman.
  15. KDM256

KDM256 Active Member

476 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    In Marinelli we trust

If he can't get the job done, our DC don't have a problem cutting the dead weight
  16. UDcowboysfan

UDcowboysfan Active Member

660 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Hopefully they are not paying him a lot, if he has a good year this year then the next two are great deals. That's the gist of signing him to a 3 year deal, probably next to nothing guaranteed so it has a lot of benefits.
  17. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Well-Known Member

2,283 Messages
    1,333 Likes Received
    We shall name him George. We shall love him, and pet him, and hold him...and call him George.
    Mr Cowboy and Risen Star like this.
  18. TonyRomo17

TonyRomo17 Well-Known Member

1,222 Messages
    519 Likes Received
    ill take anything over hayden
  19. dbonham

dbonham Well-Known Member

390 Messages
    265 Likes Received
    Nothing wrong with a 3 year contract for a guy we can cut any time. We'd be in even worse shape if we signed Selvie to a one year deal- he'd be wanting multiple years with guaranteed money
    cowboyschmps3 and dogberry like this.
  20. ceerrece

ceerrece Active Member

357 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    fishsports, our main source regarding Cowboys signings... for all the other teams, go to espn.com
    Mr Cowboy likes this.