1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys sure look like they are laying groundwork for Gruden hire

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by USMarineVet, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

That is simply because Cow Sheep really do still exist:eek:mg:...though their numbers seem to be dwindling rapidly.
  2. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,101 Messages
    4,023 Likes Received
    I don't really think the cow-sheep are dwindling, though they might be. I think they're just tired of people complaining over nothing because they don't know any better.
  3. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,634 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How do you know these things? Please share your knowledge. Let me guess, you got a friend of a friend, who is the assistant trainer's assistant, whose your source? Was I close?
  4. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

ZOMG :facepalm: we have an actual cow sheep admittal.

Awesome! Those are kinda rare.

:romothumbsup:
  5. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

28,101 Messages
    4,023 Likes Received
    I'm not a big one for childish names, but I'm certainly not shy about saying I'm a big fan of Jason Garrett's. I think he's doing a really good job under really tough circumstances. And I think the team and the organization believes he is, too. It's only the fans--most of whom don't even know how much they don't know--who have an issue. And even then, the issue is with the won/loss record and not really with the job the coach is doing, because two weeks before they end of the season, the majority here were singing his praises. And they will be again if we get off to a good start next season. Yourself, included.
  6. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,197 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Silverstar just because you believe the Cowboys can't do anything right doesn't make that way of thinking correct. And calling out a mod? Well played.
  7. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

Well half of the Coaching Staff has been replaced so.....and many thought the 2012 might have "it"....then they got their "it" handed to them on a platter vs Seattle and Chicago and then ....Washington too.

What Coach can be here without being undermined and made the obligatory fool. ... . .. Jimmy? Bill?

It could be factual no one can Coach here and possibly be successful because of a constant undermining by the Owner GM, not just undermining of the Coaches but of every single player on the team and in the ENTIRE NFL.

Yeah that what Jerry does.,,,he makes a mockery of the entire League as a whole and every single player/coach/fan in the NFL.
  8. BHendri5

BHendri5 Well-Known Member

3,173 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Once again, Garrett is not going anywhere, so all you folks that are hoping for Gruden, stop.

Why would you want another guy that will only piss the players off, then he will get fired.
  9. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

Not calling anyone out but if you want to call someone out it should be the afore mentioned Owner.

There is one consistent besides under achieving over the last 16 Seasons, and he is the mockery of NFL Owners, Player, Fans and GMs around the league.

Jerry Jones (and AL Davis R.I.P.) are the perfect example of how NOT to do be an professional Owner.
  10. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,197 Messages
    51 Likes Received
    Okay so under achieving? So that means the players are in place right? That's his job. He isn't the coach and plenty coaches want to coach here.

And Jerry is well respected around the league. Just not by media members trying to dig up a story and get their hits. And also by the IGS.

Patience is a virtue everyone. People expecting Super Bowls from a young coach are delirious. He has a winning record so for. Lets see how 2013 treats him and go from there. But Garrett isn't going anywhere this year and I don't believe he will next year either because I'm predicting a playoff appearance.
  11. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Look at his QBs and you will find your answer to that.

And again, I'm not making the argument that he is an "offensive genius."

I'm saying that he has proven he is a solid Head Coach.

If Wade and Garrett have taught us anything, its there is a difference between the two.
  12. SilverStarCowboy

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received
    Our Owner of 16 under achieving Seasons took Julius Jones instead of Stephen Jackson, which he would have fired the GM for...much less taking Felix Jones over Mendenhall......even Jerry said he should have fired himself last year.

You don't have Jerry Jones being respected because of his football decisions or the way he GMs the team. He is respected as a spin doctor only.

Jerrry Jones justly ridiculed in all football circles from the NFL professionals down to 8 year olds.

No one respects a drunk fool in the first place..... and his face has more plaster than his stadium, that's some bad art.

But seriously, the Coaches and players have to contend with this idiot..that is a severe distraction for any professional..end of story.
  13. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,044 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    A solid HC or a guy who benefited greatly from a really good d that he really had no part in coaching or putting together?
  14. AbeBeta

25,044 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Gannon is a four time pro bowl QB and twice an all pro QB. Brad Johnson maybe is a point. Gannon is not. He was playing great ball for the Raiders. Did so under Callahan as well
  15. AbeBeta

25,044 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    And after that his was well below .500 at Tampa.

Interesting. Genius one year. Crap the next
  16. wileedog

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Why does his stint with the Raiders simply not count with you?
  17. wileedog

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Gannon was a journeyman backup when Gruden got a hold of him.

So who enabled him to start playing great ball?
  18. wileedog

9,802 Messages
    475 Likes Received
    Jimmy Johnson was a terrible coach because he didn't win at Miami. Amirite?
  19. AbeBeta

25,044 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    He did well in Oakland. He also did mostly terribly in TB after the Superbowl win.

People on the board have criticized Kiffin as a guy who the game has passed by. But Gruden has a poor record and zero playoff wins since his SB in 2002.
  20. AbeBeta

25,044 Messages
    665 Likes Received
    Johnson never had a losing record there.