1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Targeting CB's Peterson and Harris

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by dgr81, Jan 24, 2011.

1. dgr81

dgr81 Member

439 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sources have told us that Jerry Jones and the Dallas Cowboys are targeting two underclassmen cornerbacks in this draft; Brandon Harris of Miami and Patrick Peterson from LSU. Different sources have told us if the draft were held today the Cowboys would look to move up and grab Peterson, while Harris is a second choice they’d be happy with.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/
  2. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Brandon Harris isn't a top 10 pick... Obviously they'd have to move down in the draft.
  3. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    would they move Peterson to safety?
  4. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,291 Messages
    687 Likes Received
    Does this mean cowboys rank Harris higher than Prince?
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,454 Messages
    3,737 Likes Received
    Maybe they view him as better value in a trade down scenario.

The question would be if they view Peterson better than Prince.
  6. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    20 Likes Received
    Cowboys Draft Plans Leaked is full bologna and if the reports say we are targeting Patrick Peterson or Brandon Harris than that means a smokescreen is on the horizon and th Boyz are either looking at Prince or another spot. My best guess is the Boyz are trying to get someone to bite early on Brandon Harris so they can select Prince out of Nebraska. This is pure speculation on my part but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,417 Messages
    566 Likes Received
    Peterson is definitely better than Prince, he's the best prospect in the draft.

Prince is the one who's overrated, I don't think it's crazy that we have Harris rated higher than him. He had a dominant year and is a better ballhawk.
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,454 Messages
    3,737 Likes Received
    First off we are going by rumors of some draft site. No way to know if there is any shred of proof to these rumors. No way to say it is not the cowboys sources throwing out fake seeds to cover what they really think.

Secondly. I really doubt they would stay at the 9 spot and take harris so the idea is do they think he is more value to trade down and take compared to staying put and taking Prince (if Prince is available at 9).

Does not mean they think Harris is the clearly superior player...they may think he is a similar player in value but figure they can get a pick or picks in a trade down to get him.

Once again it has to be said...this is all rumor and speculation right now.
  9. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I just heard a rumor that we are looking at a kicker in the first round so we can hopefully get someone who can kick FGs with consistency. ;)
  10. UnoDallas

UnoDallas Benched

5,913 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wes Bunting: I was grading the Miami corner this week, Brandon Harris, and I have him rated higher than Prince. He's a good player, but he's a little raw. But so is Patrick Peterson. Harris isn't the same caliber size-speed player as Peterson but he's a nice player in his own right

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/01/wes-bunting-recaps-east-west-shrine.html#
  11. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,493 Messages
    1,760 Likes Received
    :grin:

I love it when a plan comes together.
  12. Randy White

Randy White Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

6,095 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    trading partner would be Cleveland.

They can move 3 spots down and still get Green if they want to because neither the 49ers or Titans are going to take him.

Cincinnati would be the key player here, depending on what they do with Palmer. If they trade Palmer and aren't willing to take a QB that high, they can still move down to #9 and end up somebody like Newton ( big name player ). If they don't trade Palmer, they're staying put and probably draft Peterson themselves.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,493 Messages
    1,760 Likes Received
    We have a good record of trading with Cleveland, but that was with Savage as the GM.
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    If AJ Green is there for the Browns they have to take him, they cant mess around.

However if AJ Green is already taken by the time they pick they could definitely look to move down to 9 or so to get Julio Jones.
  15. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,493 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    idk titans could possibly use green if the get a FA QB thats good. But idk if they would want to go that route with kenny Britt balling like he was last year. But we took Dez when Miles Austin balled and we still had Roy (yeah i know he is not good in our system but)
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    A lot of you are claiming $x won't take said player, but remember. If said player is the best players available, they damn well could take him!
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I really don't see the Titans targeting AJ Green. They have Kenny Britt and just drafted Damien Williams in the 2nd round last season. They need a QB in the worst way.