1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys To Bring In Running Back Joseph Randle For Pre-Draft Visit

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by RS12, Mar 31, 2013.

1. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,643 Messages
    1,479 Likes Received
    The Cowboys appear to be eyeing two running backs in particular: Oklahoma State's Joseph Randle and Michigan State's Le'Veon Bell. Randle appears to have announced via Twitter that he'll be visiting with the Cowboys on Tuesday:

In 2011, the 6'0", 204 Randle rushed for 1,216 yards and 24 TDs, the second most TDs in school history behind only Barry Sanders (37). He followed that up with a 1,417-yard, 14 TD effort in 2012. Randle probably played 99% of his snaps at Oklahoma State out of the shotgun, and his skillset reflects that. He's great in pass protection, a trait the Cowboys desperately look for in their backs, and also an outstanding receiver. Randle is very elusive, runs hard and never gives up on a run. The only knock on Randle is that he's not very fast, only recording a pedestrian 4.63 forty at the Combine, but he improved on that with a 4.51 at his Pro Day. Randle is widely ranked as the third or fourth RB in this year's draft class.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013...on-bell?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  2. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    as a Longhorns fan, I can tell you, Randle was a pain in the backside to contain. Neither back is who I want, but if I had to choose between the two, I take Randle.
  3. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

844 Messages
    348 Likes Received
    Why does no one mention Christine Michael RB from Texas A&M?
  4. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,930 Messages
    480 Likes Received
    Maybe not a RKOG. Per CBS:

Analysis

STRENGTHS: He's quick to the hole, shows excellent vision for the cutback, possesses good acceleration and enough lateral agility to elude defenders. Sees would-be tacklers coming and breaks a lot of tackles with a nice spin move, as well as a strong stiff-arm. No stranger to the weight room, Michael runs low to the ground with good pad level and lateral agility to make strong cuts.

WEAKNESSES: History of injuries. Did not excel in pass protection during Shrine Game practices. Attitude and coachability questions.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664173/christine-michael
  5. mrmason67

mrmason67 Member

71 Messages
    18 Likes Received
  6. 1LoyalCowboyFan

1LoyalCowboyFan Active Member Zone Supporter

639 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    I like this guy a lot. Can't think of anything he can't do in our offense. But like most safeties and running backs no consensus as to what round he is gone.
  7. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    According to walterfootball they have him going in the 4th, a pick before us to the Rams and us picking up Andre Ellington a pick after. You know, for what it's worth....

I'm a big fan of Randle. I wanted us to draft him earlier in the year, but figured he'd go much higher (in the 2nd). If he's there for us in the 4th, I'd gladly take him. He seems to be sliding a bit. I dunno if it was the poor 40 or the fact that he has small hands (though fumbling wasn't a problem for him at osu). Whatever the reason, I hope he's there for us in the 4th because he's probably a better option than most of the vets we bring in as a FA.
  8. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,807 Messages
    136 Likes Received
    also, he suffers from that dreaded RB disease.........fumbleitis
  9. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,520 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    Randle, Bell, Ellington, and Franklin are my favorite running backs in this draft
  10. The Realist

The Realist Active Member

3,284 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where does Randle go?
  11. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,460 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    100% agreed...I'd say there's a pretty good chance one of those guys will be a Cowboy
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    there is NO comparison between the two: Le'Veon Bell put the ball on the ground twice in three years at MSU: he's 230 lbs and runs better than Randle. Plus his attitude and 'coachability' are off the charts. NO comparison between the two to anyone who seriously watches college football. I will also add that Bell had 380 carries in 2012 and fumbled once.........think about that. He would be a GREAT pick in round three but probably won't be there. In that case I'd look at a few other RB's, but not Randle. (I sincerely hope we got oline and dline in first two rounds)

13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,193 Messages
    2,789 Likes Received
    I really do like Randle a lot. He's a tough back and already has pro traits (pass block, catch, and run).

I would be happy with him as a compliment to Murray, anywhere from the 3rd round on.
  14. dart

dart Benched

811 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    hes only had 4 in 3 years that I could find
  15. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,634 Messages
    5,790 Likes Received
    Where do you find stats for fumbles?
  16. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I want Bell from Michigan St.
  17. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....I was going off memory: haven't missed an MSU game in about 12 years. I remember him fumbling twice the last 3 years and he had 682 touches per this stat line:

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/leveon-bell-1.html

.....however, according to these stats he didn't lose either one. This kid is a rock all the way around but he'll be gone by our pick in 3rd and I wouldn't be comfortable picking him higher than that because of our other needs
  18. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received

I absolutely agree!