1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys to waive Frampton to make room for Waters

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by jobberone, Sep 3, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,350 Messages
    4,312 Likes Received
    Right. That's my understanding, as well. I think there's going to be constant churn in the next four weeks. I don't think some of the bottom guys should get too comfortable.

That said, the move is official..

2. AmberBeer

AmberBeer Well-Known Member

2,996 Messages
    1,047 Likes Received
    As bad as Wilbur and Arkin have played, we still need the depth they provide albeit skinny depth.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,565 Messages
    4,139 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting.

My take:
    Putting a player on IR does not guarantee his salary for the season if it is not a season ending injury. He can be released when he has recovered from the injury, but can't re-sign with the original team for the remainder of the season.

The player is Not a Free Agent and remains under control of the team the following year if he is still under contract.

Affect on Cowboys: Cook's entire 1.2M salary might not be completely guaranteed if he recovers from his injury.

My take:
    With the injury settlement, the player can return to the team after the injury settlement duration + 6 weeks.

The player is a Free Agent and can sign with another team.

Affect on Cowboys: Frampton could return in 8 weeks if his injury settlement was 2-weeks; however, he could also sign with another team at any time.
  4. Erik_H

Erik_H Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun. Zone Supporter

2,433 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    aaaaand that's that. We have our answer. Nice find. Funny thing is, now I'm hearing that he was IR'ed instead and not waived, but also given some $ -- a few weeks game checks. Odd.