Cowboys to work out QB Dak Prescott

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Mar 19, 2016.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl U.N.I.T.Y Staff Member

74,279 Messages
    23,321 Likes Received
  2. RandyOh

RandyOh Well-Known Member

1,621 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Still? Why?

3. Sonny Koufax

Sonny Koufax Active Member

266 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    What do you mean?

4. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

9,723 Messages
    7,367 Likes Received
    Who's driving from the airport?? ;)

Hailmary and dogberry like this.
  5. RandyOh

1,621 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    He just got arrested for DUI recently. I hope they are not still looking at him with our 3rd.

tyke1doe likes this.
  6. egn22

egn22 Well-Known Member

1,570 Messages
    1,189 Likes Received
    I hope they are

MichaelWinicki likes this.
  7. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

21,799 Messages
    9,143 Likes Received
  8. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

39,213 Messages
    47,615 Likes Received
    It's like this is a bad movie.

.....written by a Redskins fan.

9. RandyOh

1,621 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    Why take a development QB with our 3rd who is an Idiot? If he falls to day 3 then I'm open to it but no to a 3rd.

tyke1doe, BoysfanfromNY and pjtoadie like this.
  10. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

5,797 Messages
    2,843 Likes Received
    "Undraftable" according to this guy, who has been evaluating qbs for years and posting the numbers. Just an FYI.

cowboyschmps3 and pjtoadie like this.
  11. RingOfHonor88

RingOfHonor88 Well-Known Member

5,549 Messages
    6,636 Likes Received
    So many levels of discomfort all squeezed into one tweet.

12. BoysfanfromNY

BoysfanfromNY Well-Known Member

1,317 Messages
    2,206 Likes Received
    :facepalm: Please do not draft this guy.

Its been a nightmare being a fan of this team for the last 6 months.

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  13. slick325

slick325 Well-Known Member

4,420 Messages
    2,244 Likes Received
    Unless Joe Banner approves...I'm against this!

14. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

4,171 Messages
    824 Likes Received
    A future of him and Zeke, only one can dream.

15. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

12,586 Messages
    5,228 Likes Received
    Its pretty obvious when you watch him,he is Tebow clone with bad arm strength and bad life decisions.

Nirvana likes this.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

8,818 Messages
    1,308 Likes Received
    They love him...I fear that they will take him in the 2nd round.

17. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,948 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Dak Prescott QB Mississippi St

STRENGTHS
    Dak might be one of the most improved quarterbacks in this draft. He shows on film a strong arm with the athletic talents to extend plays. He stands strong in the pocket under adverse situations and when he throws in rhythm, he shows the type of accuracy needed to be successful for the next level. Dak has good leadership skills and has the respect of his teammates and coaches. He has been under center, but seems to work better in a shotgun offense. Dak reminds me a lot of Geno Smith when he came out and has a lot of the same talents and ability but unlike Geno, Dak seems to be more attuned to the needs of the NFL in the style of play they want in their quarterbacks. Dak has been working very hard for the last few years to make more plays from the pocket with accuracy and the type of throws that the NFL expects from its starting quarterbacks. Dak’s potential to lead and learn are his dominating attributes.

CONCERNS
    Dak has improved every year but still struggles with his accuracy when he is on the run, accuracy when coming off his primary receivers and accuracy on the deep ball when he has to put air under his passes. He also seems to go to his check down receiver too late and holds on to the ball too long waiting for receivers to get completely open. When he breaks the pocket, he doesn’t look to pass the ball and when he runs the ball, he looks for contact instead of protecting himself. In spite of all these important issues, Dak has improved and I suspect will continue to improve because he seems to be very coachable.

TALENT BOARD: ROUND 2
    Dak may take some time to develop but I think that time will be well spent. He has the ability to take what he learns in practice on to the field and he also has this innate need to win no matter what it takes. Dak doesn’t have to be the star of the game. He doesn’t have to make the big play, but he does have to win. You are correct in thinking that when Dak is losing he reverts back to that “athletic” quarterback who will take off and run the ball instead of standing in the pocket and making plays, but every time I have watched Dak play this year he only reverts back to that style of play after he has tried very hard all game long to play from the pocket and it just hasn’t brought the expected success. Dak has improved his play from the pocket every year. He still has a lot to learn about the passing game, but this kid is a sponge and without a doubt has shown that he is willing to learn. I would think those teams like the Bills, Seahawks, Eagles, or any other team that believes that athletic quarterbacks are not the scourge of the NFL will rate Dak higher than those who think otherwise. If you’re looking for a potential starting quarterback to develop, I think selecting Dak would be very smart. The truth is every team in this draft should be looking at drafting Dak and not just the teams with conventional offenses and boring offensive coordinators.

18. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

6,495 Messages
    744 Likes Received
    If we are going to take a chance in a QB with a drinking problem . . . .

Do I have to go further?

19. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

4,572 Messages
    4,716 Likes Received
    I would take Connor Cook over him in the 3rd round.

BubbleScreen likes this.
  20. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

3,772 Messages
    1,321 Likes Received
    dislike