1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys to workout 12 players on Friday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The season doesn't end this week. Not officially anyway.
  2. silver

silver Well-Known Member

5,266 Messages
    225 Likes Received
    I'm all for bringing in new guys. Anything to light the fire under some of these underachievers.
  3. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Praise Garrett in one thread.. diss him in the next.

Some of these posters are pretty short sighted it seems.
  4. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,196 Messages
    9 Likes Received

Lol ravensinsider ***!
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,309 Messages
    1,131 Likes Received
    It's not the posters.

If this is true, and the team waited until after their bye week was over to look at street free agents, that on them, not the fans.

As Brain Paint so eloquently stated above, it's not that the team is looking at players, we're all for that, it's that they waited this long to do so.

All season long, the vast majority of the league has been having 'Tryout Tuesdays' regularly - except this team.

As obvious by their 2-2 record, this team is not so overstocked with talent that they couldn't look to add to what they have.
  6. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,742 Messages
    457 Likes Received
    I have to agree with this.
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,254 Messages
    756 Likes Received
    Like i said earlier -- you are missing the point. We are a week ahead on this as we don't know if Jones can punt yet so we can't make a roster move. This is a move (potentially) for the Panthers game.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    ..and the point that a few of us are making is that just because we are trying out players friday, doesn't mean that we are looking for guys to contribute this week. So all the talk about giving them the week to mesh and learn the plays and stuff is irrelevant because im sure we're not looking at them for help this Sunday. We're looking at them for help down the road and because Friday is the day that best fit the team's schedule for a mass workout.

Its just funny to me how people can defend JG in one thread, and then in the next criticize him for something stupid like this, that doesn't even deserve criticizm because none of us knows what the Cowboys schedule is like or what made us choose Friday to bring all these guys in.
  9. stasheroo

17,309 Messages
    1,131 Likes Received
    This team needs help now, not 'down the road'. They're not good enough to operate from such arrogance.

I know this team needs help now.

I know the team just had a bye week to make all the moves they wanted.

That's all I need to know.
  10. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,288 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Eric Frampton didn't tweet anything about his Cowboys workout or his signing.

And how many people are following the likes of an Eric Frampton anyway?

More than likely the workouts are some fringe players most people haven't heard of, much less follow.

Wilson is usually solid with these types of things.
  11. RoyTheHammer

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    The other thing to know would be that you arn't going to find some magical player who will turn our season around in these workouts no matter what day you do them. Best case.. maybe we get a guy who can help our awful ST's a bit.

The issue is getting the very talented players we do have, to play well. Not to worry about getting Joe Schmo off the street signed.
  12. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,049 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received

I have read this twice from you...Just curious...who do you think is defending JG in one thread and criticizing him in this one?
  13. stasheroo

17,309 Messages
    1,131 Likes Received
    Holland is better today than everybody's pre-season savior 'Bern'.

I remember plenty of fools touting him as not only our answer at right guard, but the backup center as well when folks were concerned about our rash of injuries.

Does that ring a bell with you?

This team isn't so talented that they can't add multiple players.

And not on special teams. They're already over-allocated in that area.
  14. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

11,971 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    Oh yes....what shall we ever do???

Let's panic!
  15. BrAinPaiNt

60,049 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    When someone says that Holland is better than (enter name here) they rarely ever add something to the end of it that makes a world of difference....

Holland is better than (enter name here) when he is healthy and able to play.

Problem with Holland is he can not stay in shape and he can not stay healthy.

There is a reason he is sitting on his butt when the Cowboys, and many other teams, are needing help on the Offensive line.

Sure he might be better for a game or two until he winds up getting an injury and then we are back to square one.
  16. BrAinPaiNt

60,049 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    I am not missing any point.

I am just describing why SOME were disappointed with it.

Never said I was disappointed with it. Never said those that are disappointed with it were correct.

Someone asks why some were disappointed with it and I gave an answer as to why some are disappointed with it.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,746 Messages
    667 Likes Received
    Anyone questioning why we chose Friday to work players out.. if in fact, we are choosing Friday to work players out.
  18. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,435 Messages
    496 Likes Received
    well.. ?

who are the players?
  19. stasheroo

17,309 Messages
    1,131 Likes Received
    He was a different player last year when he came back from Bentley's training facility. We got a good player for 10 games last season. I'll take that for thise year too.

Holland was a fat, lazy, unmotivated player who - when faced with life without football - got it and applied himself.

And if we're hammering players for injury, better not let Phil Costa back in the lineup. He's already had two just this season!
  20. BrAinPaiNt

60,049 Messages
    3,282 Likes Received
    You did not answer my question.

I asked who you thought was defending Jason in one thread and criticizing him in this one?

You established that someone criticizing the whole looking at players on Friday in this thread as ANYONE doing it but did not answer who was both doing that AND who was defending him in the other thread.

So again I ask...who are you talking about?