1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys to workout 12 players on Friday

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Mr Cowboy, Oct 9, 2012.

1. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Wonder why no other team wants him if he is indeed a quality player.. seems alot of teams have pretty bad OL's this year. Certainly many of them could use a quality upgrade to their team you would think.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    How does Holland look now?

Seems like nobody else thinks he is a good option right now and there are other teams out there with Oline issues.

Just something to consider.

Mickey might be annoying with his old If he is available line...however sometimes it is a legit question to consider.
  3. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    We don't know. It hasn't been reported yet from any site i've seen.

In the meantime we're all bickering and arguing about what day of the week we should bring players in to workout on and other unimportant topics.. feel free to join in the fun.

:eek::
  4. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    don't know how true it is, but Holland has come out and said he has had opportunities but only wants to continue his career in Dallas
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

17,547 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    I'd only be speculating, but after looking better than either of the two scrubs we ended up signing, his only 'sin' was wanting better than league minimum.

Apparently he's getting involved in Bentley's training facility and has options.

And I remember a lot of NFL 'geniuses' passing on Brian Waters last year before the Patriots once again outsmarted the rest of the league.
  6. stasheroo

17,547 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    Well, we can only go by his last workout for the Cowboys in August, a workout in which he looked far superior to the two scrubs we ended up signing, one of whom is still taking up space on this roster.
  7. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I'll admit a bit of rhetoric. More a statement on the group think that goes on at times.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    We, as fans, can only go by what we saw then, i agree. However, i think its safe to say the Cowboys would know more about the player than we do, so maybe there's a reason we don't want to bring him in yet.

You could be right, we could be missing out on an upgrade, but in this case, at least it seems like the rest of the league is validating our opinion of the guy.

IIRC, Brian Waters was snatched up pretty quickly by the Pats.. actually before the season even started wasn't it?
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,630 Messages
    3,999 Likes Received
    He looked so "far superior" that the coaching staff decided they did not want him and still do not want him?

So even though he is far superior they still do not want him now because of what logical reason?

It's like you believe they are purposely not wanting him just to spite all the fans because everyone knows he would be better so it must be some evil plan.

Think about it man...are you really that far gone that you would believe that kind of stuff? Seriously?
  10. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received

all the reports at the time were that he wanted too much guaranteed money, and that is why we did not sign him - not that the coaches didnt want him. Jerry must have not wanted to pay that for a backup, thinking the guys we signed were good enough.
  11. stasheroo

17,547 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    I've never felt that was 'safe to say'. I knew that Waters could have helped last year from my couch, they somehow didn't. So, unlike a lot of others, I don't consider anyone 'infallible' or beyond question or reproach.

Just before the start of the season as I recall, so the rest of the league had plenty of time to bring him in.

In fact, I think he signed on or near the same day we wasted our time on Dockery (and still are!).
  12. stasheroo

17,547 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    The answer is simple and I've mentioned it before.

He won't work for the veteran minimum the Cowboys are offering.

No conspiracy, just stupidity.
  13. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    What i meant was i think they would know more about where he is right now as far as his fitness, his health, etc.. those types of things.

I certainly wouldn't say that our little group here never makes personel mistakes either..
  14. Mr_Bill

Mr_Bill Member

383 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    12 punters?
  15. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,295 Messages
    366 Likes Received
    May need about that many since punt protection is next to worthless. Only the OL blocks worse.
  16. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,439 Messages
    1,458 Likes Received
    Its all about the Money. He wants more thant the Boys want to pay; and he only wants to play here.

Amazing how some here on this board cannot grasp those two facts.
  17. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Yea, that part about him only wanting to play here is bs, imo.

If any team offered him the money he wanted im sure he'd waste no time changing that opinion. It also doesn't speak highly of him that he'd rather sit out an entire season than play for the minimum salary. Doesn't show a very good committment.
  18. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,198 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    In reality they can bring someone in on game day. If it is true they are bringing in 12, what free agents out there now will really help this team? Maybe it's for a future roster space, maybe just to see what is out there and what shape they are in this time in the season in case we do need to fill spots.

They are not looking for starters they are looking for special teamers and back ups.
  19. stasheroo

17,547 Messages
    1,352 Likes Received
    To me it says you're dealing with a man with options.

He doesn't have to put himself through the wear and tear of an NFL season for the veteran minimum.

Word I've heard is that he's getting involved in LeCharles Bentley's training facility.

I would think that if he doesn't play this year, he just moves into that phase of his life a year sooner.
  20. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,730 Messages
    1,778 Likes Received
    Or was it the Earl of Oxford?