1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Twitter: Cowboys trade for DE/LB Caesar Rayford for conditional 2015 pick

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Sep 3, 2013.

1. gdogg24

gdogg24 Active Member

523 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    Helll go Jerry, keep trading your on a freaking roll
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,189 Messages
    2,238 Likes Received
    He's playing for sure.
  3. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    I got a good feeling about this trade... Good for the colts to turn an UDFA into a draft pick and good for us to get a guy with some ability in as a DE, a full year with Marinelli will do this kid some good.... this is probably bad news in a sense that Spencer wont be ready to go
  4. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,486 Messages
    959 Likes Received
    Well, the guy did enough in Arena and CFL to not only catch the eye of the NFL Colts - a pretty good team - but to make their 53. Now we have him, pretty much risk-free. We only send a pick to Indy if he is good enough to meet some predetermined measurement criteria signed off on by the Cowboys. I like what we are doing here, trying go improve the team right up to opening day.
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  5. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

18,066 Messages
    1,742 Likes Received
    Beat me to it.

I think Wilbur is traded (Saints) or cut pretty soon.
  6. iceman117

iceman117 Active Member

722 Messages
    130 Likes Received
    just read some of the colts fan comments on PFT, they seem to be disappointed, hopefully they are right
    EMMITTnROY likes this.
  7. Spectre007

Spectre007 New Member

18 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Hope he pans out
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,147 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,009 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    Stephan deserves overtime pay. Has any team has been more active the last few days?
  10. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    The answer to how many pass rushers does one team need? The answer: More. I like this trade. A conditional pick two years from now would seem like a pittance if he gives Dallas quality depth.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,767 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    If we traded away some Cinderella story who led the NFL in sacks, you would see the same thing. Does not mean much other than the fact fans get overly attached to preseason wonderboys. Kalen Thornton and Junior Glymph were very similar to this player. Sounds like he was expendable after they acquired Cam Johnson.
  12. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,767 Messages
    5,046 Likes Received
    Sounds a lot like how Selvie hit a wall.
  13. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,907 Messages
    2,727 Likes Received
    Absolutely. Fans should never, ever get excited about what their team is trying to do. I was thinking Adrian Hamilton though.
  14. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,877 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    so, apparently we are cornering the market on low level DE's.....perhaps stevie should think about trading for some DT depth next???
  15. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

10,213 Messages
    5,720 Likes Received
    good point.

by the way do you not update your youtube channel anymore? living in austin now, my only connection to the great late night dfw local sports news is you.
  16. CT Dal Fan

CT Dal Fan Well-Known Member

789 Messages
    526 Likes Received
    I'm waiting for a CB. One injury away from B.W. Webb in the nickel. That scares me right now; and I thought they'd use the spot on a veteran corner. But I do like the trade for this guy; since he probably won't cost more than a seventh.
  17. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,455 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    Could be a nice pickup for the Cowboys.

A worthwhile gamble.
  18. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,877 Messages
    1,464 Likes Received
    I don't mind this, but we have something like 6 or 7 DE's right now...let's grab up a DT!!!

and yes, I would like to see another CB...I feel after week #1 we could see Moore be brought back, although Armstrong could be brought in for ST's as well (not sure who they would dump to make those moves)
  19. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,455 Messages
    3,019 Likes Received
    Keep in mind on passing downs you could see 1 DT and 3 DE's out there... They could move one of the DE's inside.
  20. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,140 Messages
    660 Likes Received
    a good description,i bet we dont have to give them a draft pick if this doesnt pan out.