1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys versus Redskins madden ratings

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BigDFan5, Jul 16, 2005.

1. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,915 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    http://sports.ign.com/articles/634/634162p1.html

QB

Bledsoe 84

Ramsey 83

RB

JJ 86

Portis 92

WR
    Keyshawn 87
    Glenn 83

Moss 87
    Patten 82

TE
    Witten 92

Cooley 79

OG
    Allen 94
    Rivera 95

Thomas 92
    Brown 80

OT
    Flozell 89
    Tucker 74

Samuels 92
    Jansen 91

C
    Johnson 76
    Rabach 85

DE
    Ellis 91
    Spears 81

Daniels 83
    Wynn 81

DT
    Ferg 86
    Glover 96

Griffin 88
    Noble 78

OLB
    Ware 81
    James 79

Arrington 95
    washington 92

MLB
    Ngyuen 91

Barrow 85

CB
    Glenn 90
    Henry 86
    Newman 85

Springs 87
    Harris 81
    Rogers 80

SS
    Williams 96

Bowen 83

FS

Reese 82
    Taylor 91

So breaking down head to head ratings it goes like this

Cowboys 12
    Redskins 9
    Tie 1
  2. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,950 Messages
    1,094 Likes Received
    I still think those ratings are hosing the Cowboys. Ferguson is not rated higher than Griffin? Are you kidding me? And Flozell ranked lower than Chris Samuels? Blasphemy! :mad:
  3. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Both skins defensive ends are rated too highly, and Al Johnson got screwed oh and i know they didnt' know this when the rankings were made but we need to see the rankings for Sean Taylor's backup cuz he isn't gonna be a 91 from Miami/Dade county prison
  4. Nav22

Nav22 Well-Known Member

5,453 Messages
    1,092 Likes Received
    Odd that they have Newman ranked as our 3rd best CB.
  5. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Reese got an 82?

We can only hope.

They shafted us in many regards.
  6. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    These are typical Madden ratings. Overall I think the Boys fared okay. I agree that Ferguson should've been a little better and the same could be said for Anthony Henry. He's gonna struggle against speed WR'S with his speed being only 87. Looks like he'll be the 3rd corner or safety for me. The Cowboys have Ware listed as a DE and he's a LB according to this. I know he'll actually play both, but I hope that they don't penalize you too much for moving him around the way that he'll actually be used.
  7. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Julius has 91 speed.
    Give me a break. He should be in the 95 speed range.
    Al Johnson did get screwed.
    Witten 81 speed and 85 catch ,Not good enough in my opion catch should be in 90's and speed mid 80,s
  8. Jersey

Jersey Member

478 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I don't put much into this anyway, but how the heck does Arrington get a 95? He has been one of the biggest bust's in NFL history. Does Courtney Brown have a 99? Another goofy one was RT Jansen at 91. He's been average at best and missed all of last year with an achilles injury. They must of did these while watching a Michigan Penn State game on classic.
  9. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,347 Messages
    1,391 Likes Received
    I think Bledsoe's ranking is a bit high, but I can see where they are coming from considering his past achievements.

However, what in the world has Patrick Ramsey ever done to get an 83 ranking. In case EA hasn't figured it out, Ramsey's stats and play has been less than stellar in each of the three seasons he's played.

Rich.......
  10. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,885 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    All in all its fair. 12-9-1 is about right. I'd go 14-8 but I am a bit of a homer admittedly.

Only 2 players I'd really quibble over are Al Johnson being way too low. He is 82 or so at least and Lavar being rated so high. He was only their 3rd best backer last season and a 90 is high side of applicable prolly 88 or so in reality and maybe 85 with his bickering opver money. Same with taylor. They give him a 91 but he has been booted from workouts and may miss at least a couple of games. If Julius gets penalized 4 or more points for last season's injury then this off-season's drama should be weighted as well IMHO.

Generally 90 and above is pro bowl level talent and 95 and above is all pro. Both teams are shockingly high based on last season's records.
  11. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,491 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    more surprising than the breakdown of the teams:

Petitti, Canty, Ratliff didn't make the roster, neither did Dantzler,Thompson. So I'm not sure who our KICK returner is. Especially looking at Maddens breakdown on Kick Return, i dunno what they think were gonna do.
  12. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,372 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Wonder how FS looks when Taylors in Jail playing in state penal league?
  13. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received

yea with adam sandler and Michael Irivin