1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys video news...

Discussion in 'Artwork Zone' started by calico, Apr 1, 2005.

1. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I have a 3 day weekend and I figured I would do something nice for my buds here at the cowboys zone. I will work on my Julius Jones video today and finish it tomorrow.

It will not include highlights from the Giants game. If anyone has the game on VHS and DVD and is interested in a trade, email me at jaybauer24@yahoo.com. Once I get those highlights I will then make an updated video later.

Anyway, If anyone has any music ideas for the video then feel free to post them. I have several ideas but I would love your input. Also, if anyone knows of any good free/cheap webspace for the video please post a link. I know someone game me some earlier but I misplaced the list.

My DIVX encoder is full of bugs right now so I will make the first vid as an Mpeg so I will need a server with about 100 MBs I space.

Thanks for any help you guys/gals give me.
  2. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,391 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've got plenty of web space. Send me a PM or email me when you're finished and I'll be happy to host it.
  3. Padd

Padd Member

153 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    I love your highlight vids, Calico.
    I hate this day...never know what to believe.
  4. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Judas Priest - Riding on the Wind

"Riding On The Wind"

Shooting for the stars, cruise the speed of light
    Glowin god of Mars, body burning bright
    Well I'm ridin', ridin' on the wind
    Yes I'm ridin', ridin' on the wind
    Tearing up through life, million miles an hour
    Blinding all in sight, surging rush of power
    Ridin' on the wind, ridin' on the wind
    Ridin' on the wind, ridin' on the wind
    Thunderbolt from hell, shattering aloud
    Screamin' demons yell, bursting through the clouds
  5. CanadaBoys

CanadaBoys New Member

818 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I always like rockin songs with changes of pace for these highlight films...

I think Jimmy Eat World - "Pain" would be sweet.
  6. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    this is no April fools joke. I really am working on it.

Thanks for the offer Hustler, I will contact you.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    I'm almost positive I have the Giants game (I assume you mean the final one)... PM me if you don't have a copy yet.
  8. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I've been thinking about doing a JJ video as well, but I have only collected 20 or so clips so far. Most of his games are still on my tivo. What size are you using for your video Calico? I could pull clips from the Giants game and throw them on my server if you need them. Probably be quicker than waiting for someone to send the whole game to you - if you still need the whole game I could probably figure out how to burn it to a dvd, but I had a problem when I tried to do the Seattle game.
  9. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    BTW, I was thinking about using loco-motion by little eva. There is a tie in to Julius and his play with the Cowboys for anyone who wants to puzzle it out. But if I use that song it will have to be a short video since it's only about 2 1/2 minutes long.
  10. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,956 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    I love highlight vids...I can think of several rock or rap that always work well, but a good Highlight often incorporates something classic.

Might I suggest Carmina Burana (1st Movement, Oh Fortuna) by Carl Orff, Flight of the Valkyrie by Richard Wagner, or Mars Harbinger of War by Gustav Holst?

For something less orthodox, perhaps "Escape" by Craig Anderson or the last movement of "Firebird" by Igor Stravinsky(though, come to think of it, the last one only provides about 30 seconds of good upbeat music...)

PM me if you would like the MP3s for this stuff...
  11. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,250 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    I would really appreciate that JD, I could then include them in the first video.

I am not sure exactly what size I am going to use. Probably 640x480 or so. Anything you could give I could work with.

Music-wise, right now I am leaning toward a track from the Gladiator soundtrack or the Last Samurai soundtrack. They have very epic feels.
  12. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    you want them cropped and deinterlaced or just taken from the capture card as is? My capture card grabs at 720x480, I do caps in picvideo but they'd be a lot smaller if I convert them to divx. You have any particular clips you want or just anything that looks nice? I remember he had some VERY nifty moves on some runs that only went 5 yards or so, but I think they're worthy of highlights when he had to juke one or two guys before even reaching the line of scrimmage.
  13. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How about soundtracking the clip with some orginal music from a true blue Cowboy fan?
    I could provide you with a number of choices to pick from of original soundtarcks made by yours truly. (Plenty of upbeat stuff- any kind really)
    I've been making music for the better part of 20 years now and I could piece something ill together specifically for this occasion... I could even sample some soundbytes of Parcells talking about JJ or JJ speaking, etc and mix them into the track if you'd like.
    I couldn't think of a better place to draw inspiration from than a Cowboys highlight reel.
    Whattaya say?

(I could provide them via a free upload/download server that I use)
  14. jacs

jacs I'd Hit It

2,406 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    hey Calico clear your Private Messages
  15. Crown Royal

10,956 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    I play a mean kazoo....
  16. Qwickdraw

Qwickdraw Benched

5,451 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think that's the first time anyone has ever used the words "mean" and "kazoo" in the same sentence.
  17. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,372 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    As for the music. To me Pantera's "Cowboys from Hell" is the most perfect theme song for the boys. to this day, I do not know why Jones does not buy the rights to that song and play it when the boys come running out of a smoke filled tunnell on to the field. Maybe I am just an old Metal head, but that song needs to be associated with the boys.

Check out the song, it works well with Roy video, I am sure you can make it work with JJ. Its just that awesome of a song.
  18. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Personally I hate to use the same song twice. I did it with the RBs and QBs videos, but that's just because I was lazy and threw the QBs video together really fast. I prefer to have one song associated with one video, although Calico might have a different opinion. It just seems to me that if you start using one song for multiple videos it'll get old really fast.
  19. Crown Royal

10,956 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    Hey man....kazoo is coming back...

[IMG]
  20. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

943 Messages
    45 Likes Received

If you choose to use music from the Last Samurai soundtrack, I may be of some use. I am not professional when it comes to editing music, but I put together my own edited version of the Soundtrack, in which I cut out the filler parts and left the good stuff. I basically took 55min of music and cut it down to 30min. Let me know if your interested.