1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Cowboys Vs 49ers ***Official Game Thread***

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cbz40, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And Jerry Jones is leading the parade.

Thank goodness for the win though - the offense played great. I'd love to see what they could do with an NFL offensive coordinator.
  2. Rogerthat12

Rogerthat12 DWAREZ

3,882 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    MIRACLES do really happen and not just for the skins..Sheesh..cardiac ..wow
  3. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,296 Messages
    153 Likes Received
    Help I'm stuck to my chair! :eek:
  4. marchetta

marchetta Well-Known Member

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    It doesn't many anything in determining how good we are. All it showed is that we could come back and beat the worst team in the league, after allowing them to go up/down the field on us at will. But, we will get better. So, if by season's end, we can stay within reach of the wildcard, our team will be so much better that it will allow us to have a shot at post season play. But, we have to survive our growing pains. So, in hindsight, I guess you're right. This game does mean something.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,631 Messages
    3,154 Likes Received

They did that. It reminds already of the '75 team in its inconsistency.
  6. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received

I'm not sure I will survive the growing pains..... :)
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,631 Messages
    3,154 Likes Received

Agree. This defense had a little over two quarters that really scared the shat out of me.
  8. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You ain't kidding.

One play in any of these games and we could just as easily be 3-0 as we could 0-3.

I really hope this defense does improve as the year goes on or we're going to be killing ourselves for 60 minutes every week over an 8-8 team.
  9. JDSmith

JDSmith Active Member

1,672 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, they did. But ultimately they won a game in which they trailed early on the road and could have easily quit in. I think there was a lot of hangover from your game in the first half, but the team sucked it up and took control in the second half. If not for the strange decision by Parcells in the third quarter this game might have been won much more easily. Our O and D took control in the second half.
  10. marchetta

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Question: Will ALL our wins be last second 4th quarter wins? BP has said that he's going to stay conservative and use his Defense to win. So, I guess this may be a season long thing. I would just like to be able and sit through a blowout game, so that I can just enjoy it w/o having to be on the edge of my seat.
  11. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It works for New England
  12. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Michael the D has to get better but they held them to 7 in the second half which was huge if we were going to come back
  13. marchetta

3,076 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    Why does it take being behind in the 4th quarter for BP and Payton to open up our offense? If we can throw deep on SF, in the 4th quarter, when they're expecting us to pass, how come we can't throw deep during the 1st 3 quarters? If we had taken more deep shots early in the game, the game would not have been so close. Playing not to lose sucks. It just puts us in a position where we have to play to win. Why don't we just start the game with the mind set to play to win???
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    that is bill ball vs. jimmy ball
  15. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,274 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    He's gonna use this defense to win?? Unless there is a lot of improvement, good luck with that one.