1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs Browns Post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,613 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    Been saying that for two seasons. Fire Garrett and let Romo be the OC/QB.
  2. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,088 Messages
    1,422 Likes Received
    Yep, stopped him cold. I thought Richardson even after contact would get the first down, but then BAM, stopped cold!
  3. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,379 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    Good question, I wondered the same. It also seems like the O is SUPER slow at the beginning of games. I sometimes wonder if the O doesn't come to life until they get backed into a corner and they have nothing to lose by being aggressive
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,796 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    I'm not shocked at all. Tony is great and he proves it despite poor O-Line play on a regular basis.
  5. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,555 Messages
    119 Likes Received
    i love tony romo.:D
  6. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,809 Messages
    1,231 Likes Received
    You won't see a better tackle than that ever. Bigger hits maybe, but that's as good as it gets.
  7. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    The team will never be legit until the offense ever gets fixed. When you're an indoor team, you have to have an explosive offense if you want to be a contender. We can talk about the defense all we want and sure they're not ideal but the team will always go as far as the offense takes it. Indoor teams adapt to their environment - The Greatest Show on Turf Rams, Peyton's Colts, the Saints, the Cardinals that went to the Super Bowl in 2008, the Favre Vikings, and now the Falcons and Texans.
  8. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,269 Messages
    656 Likes Received
    Because he goes out to try to figure out what the defense is doing so he can attack it. He has no plan of attack to begin the game. He is just a poor game planner.
  9. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,460 Messages
    160 Likes Received
  10. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

708 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    lol it took 4 quarters and 9 minutes of overtime to put the browns away at home.
  11. SDCowboy85

14,613 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    This.
  12. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,796 Messages
    688 Likes Received
    As far as the game goes I'm not interested in the fighting and crying over style points, or how ugly it was during the game or this or that. All I care about is who has the W next to their name at the end of the game.

We got the W and that's all I care about in regards to the game with the Cleveland Browns.

It's onto the Redskins now.
  13. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,175 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    They haven't gotten blown out all year.

They played Baltimore tough in both of their games. They split with Cincy, with the one loss being by a TD. They lost to NYG by 14, but they jumped out to an early lead in that game. Lost to Indy by 4, choked a game away week 1 vs. Philly and lost by 1, and beat SD 7-6 last week.

Not sure how many points some of you were expecting to win by.
  14. Omegasupreme

Omegasupreme Member

248 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Slant to Austin. Just an honest to goodness slant that no one who has had game tape on the Cowboys over the last 4 years could see coming. Watching Romo wait for covered WRs to get open and then watching Romo getting sacked has got to weigh on Jerry.

The WRs are not open. There is no element of surprise. My 8 year old duaghter can tell you where the receivers are going and what plays are coming. And somehow Romo is supposed wait for his O-line to hold up while his receivers run second and third routes.

But suddenly when there is a slant or play action or roll out, the world is rocked because something new and successful has contaminated the prosaic.

2-10-CLE 32
    (8:35) (Shotgun) 9-T.Romo pass short middle to 19-M.Austin to CLE 24 for 8 yards (24-S.Brown). Pass complete on a slant. The Replay Assistant challenged the pass completion ruling, and the play was Upheld.
  15. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

2,144 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Our oline is bad. But the difference in this game is not that the oline has figured out how to pass protect, they were given plays where they only had to pass protect for 2-3 seconds.

If Garrett would stop calling those pass plays that takes 4-5 seconds to develop, we would be in good shape.
  16. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good luck with this.
  17. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

539 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    You can talk playoffs all you want but for many years this team has shown no resemblance of making any improvement from Nov to Dec to Jan under JC as OC and HC. Call him "book smart" but he has no offensive strategy for second half seasons and it's beginning to occur once again. Opposing D coordinators thrive on JC's offense simply because he's so predicable and has no clue of how to use his talent. He plays not to lose which is disheartening. He's only been succesful because Romo gunslings his way to vicories by the hare of his chin after JG trashes the original game plan and lets Romo run a muck all over the field.
    The cowboys for years have played this trend and it's so apparent they lack the fortitude and understanding of how to build a winning team.
    Certainly it's at the hands of their GM who buys a few talented players however is too demented to pick the overall talent and coaches to take them above par. Watch the games and the consistent contenders in December and you'll note they have 2nd string talent and coaches who adjust and readjust to give their teams a chance to win. NYG will come back around and win this division because that is their DNA and they have the coaching and player mentality to suck it up late in the year and to win, not playing to lose.
    We are nothing but a subpar team with a few good players who are actually pretenders in the end. We are the flea circus with a ring leader who's clueless about talent and too egotistical to see beyond himself as the ulitimate problem. Don't give me " hes a 3 time SB winner", those are obviously JJohnsons.
    A contending football team is well coached team that will show eventual improvement in the second half of the season. We have not see that since Bill Parcells and won't see it until we get a leader in the coaching position and JJ eventually seeks a GM partner to provide him a clue.
  18. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,041 Messages
    1,046 Likes Received
    If they arent out there with a 3rd string corner and 2nd string QB, they win that game going away.
  19. SDCowboy85

14,613 Messages
    1,058 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  20. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,316 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    What's your point? It took the Texans more than that to put the Jaguars away. And they don't even have MJD and still scored 37 points.