1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs Browns Post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,094 Messages
    4,435 Likes Received
    They might not be that bad but we are not that good either so I guess it evens out in some crazy way.
  2. physeter

physeter Active Member

262 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Good choice, it look like he was going to get the first on that play when he suddenly hit a wall.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,228 Messages
    7,020 Likes Received
    I'm not particularly interested in talking playoffs. I just understand that it's going to happen given our position right now, and I think that's reasonable.

I don't agree with your assessment of the HC, either, but that's beside the point.
  4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,687 Messages
    1,376 Likes Received
    Jerry likes how we made adjustments in half time. How we shorten the throws for Romo..etc...etc..

Jerry! Tell your step child to make those adjustments earlier. It shouldn't take 2 quarters of football. We'll have better chance at winning if he does.
  5. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

391 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    sister actually ;). but anyhow they aren't going to let me live down how bad Dallas played. all week they talked smacked so now my turn

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,228 Messages
    7,020 Likes Received
    I did my time in CLE. I know what you're up against. Just keep citing the score and smiling, and you should be ok. Sister. :)
  7. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

391 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    thanks. browns fans talk a lot of smack for their team not being very good

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,003 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    They're #23 in the league in points differential.

They're bad.
  9. Blitz88

Blitz88 Member

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I noticed we had some guys running on and off the field right as the play was about to start, so there looked to be some confusion. As I go back and watch the play, I see 3 safeties out there: Sensabaugh, McCray, and Frampton. Was Scandrick out there? Does Frampton play corner sometimes? Watson of course scored on the pass from Weeden, with Sensabaugh and McCray trying to cover him, and then I see Frampton up there as well, so I was just wondering if that was a mistake for him to be out there.
  10. fifaguy

fifaguy Well-Known Member

4,648 Messages
    857 Likes Received
    Skins' game will be a pretty good litmus test for our team.
  11. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,273 Messages
    268 Likes Received
    Yeah it was a mess...but what else is new? And the sad thing is that they had a little extra time because of the refs discussing and calling the penalty on the punt return.

Stuff like that just can't happen, especially in the last minute of the game. Just like the delay of game the offense took at the 10 yard line when trying to tie it up
  12. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,371 Messages
    981 Likes Received
    It's typical. And the HC should have control of that. It was Robs fault, but JG is the HC.
  13. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,554 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Someone this week was saying Romo would have a bad game because 3 other QBs couldn't put over 200yds passing on the Browns D. *Ahem* 313 yards and a Touchdown. :laugh2:
  14. StarBoyz83

StarBoyz83 Well-Known Member

3,266 Messages
    440 Likes Received
    No dez got away with a pi on that play so no
  15. CowboyRoy

CowboyRoy Active Member

592 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    The only person that a win like that matters to would be a low standard fan. Anyone else would be horrified by the team. But this is actually par for the course for this train wreck of a football team.
  16. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    I thought Dierdorf was going to need a commercial break to change his underwear.

He was about as excited as I have ever heard him after that play.
  17. Ultra Warrior

Ultra Warrior 6 Million Light-years beyond believability.

1,554 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Yes, because a LOSS would have been SOOOOO MUCH BETTER. :rolleyes:
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    They really aren't.

I watched their 1st game against Baltimore (pretty sure it was the thursday night game) and I was pretty impressed. This was actually the game where I started to notice how horrid the play caller in Baltimore is. I think it was the game where Rice was rolling heavy and the Ravens just wouldn't give him the ball. But the Browns played them very.

You mentioned they aren't a team where a play here or there has made the difference and I would disagree.

Pacman's punt return for a TD in a 34-27 ending is pretty crucial.

They were in the Redzone with a shot to tie at the end of the Baltimore game up above. They had a few plays just outside the redzone prior to that.

Their week 1 matchup against the Eagles came down to a final drive by the Eagles being the difference. They had the lead with 5 minutes left in the game and IIRC they were literally gifted one, possibly two horrid passes from Vick inside the Redzone but couldn't hold either of them. I mean, catch it and the game is over.

Against the Colts they missed a PAT early and when trailing by 4 halfway through the 4th quarter at the Indy 41, they opted to punt on 4th and 1. Does that play out the same if they are down by 3? Do they go for it knowing that if they get a 1st down they're in a position to tie with a couple more yards?

Baltimore second game they were leading with 9:00 left in the 4th quarter and if they had any sort of success in the Redzone on that day they probably win. 5 trips to the redzone and they kicked 5 FGs. Still had the lead with just under 9:00 in the 4th quarter.

And then today. You go into OT, a play that wasn't made or stopping a play that was made at any point in the game can be the difference.

I'm really not sure they'd be in my bottom 5 after having seen how they've played over the last 4 weeks. They lost by a total of 18 points in their last 4 games and 10 of those came from the Baltimore game that they likely would have won had had even their horrid Redzone success rate play out on that day.

KC is awful. They've been outscored by like 53 in their last 4 games.

Jacksonville had their best game of the year today. They're worse than Cleveland.

Philly might be the worst team in the NFL at this specific point in time right now. If Cleveland played them again, I think Cleveland would win right now.

I think Carolina is similar to Cleveland in that they are tougher than than record says.

I'd probably take the Browns over the Rams

And I'd probably take the Browns over the Raiders

Cleveland is a bad team but they're nowhere near KC, JAX and Philly and the other 3 teams are probably in the a jumbled mix with Cleveland.

In any event, I think Cleveland is better than advertised. That still doesn't make beating them some sort of grand accomplishment. Dallas should have won the game because Dallas has a better QB, better WRs/TE and better CBs that were in play. I never really thought it would be a blow out. I said it was going to be a dog fight yesterday and I was calling it a tough game weeks back. I typically don't let outcomes overshadow how those outcomes came about. I said if Dallas won a dog fight but limited mistakes, converted opportunities and cut out the penalties that I would be good.

Happened to some extent but not an encouraging one. The first half on offense was as bad as it has been all season. Literally one of the worst 2 quarter stretches of offensive football I've seen this season. Opening the game with 5 straight punts and less than 70 total yards? Not impressed.

I didn't think they'd escape a 3rd straight week without a turnover but they had fewer than I expected them to. I thought it was going to be a 2-3 turnover week.

Penalties, pretty much par for the course and even some missed ones that would have increased the number.

Ratliff's penalty was ridiculous. I don't think it's something so much as what he did but I have a feeling it was something he said. The other night in the KC/PITT game a player was flagged for saying something to the official after a play where he was flagged for holding. I was watching with a friend and just about at the same time we both said pretty much the same thing. Whatever he said, it must have been pretty bad. I'm sure officials take a lot of heat on a weekly basis so if you actually get flagged for it, you probably went above and beyond. I think Ratliff like said something in addition to posturing up over the guy and what he said must have been pretty bad because on any given play you can hear tons of back and forth going on and they let it slide.

Pretty much just another day in the season for Dallas. Sloppy play, tons of penalties and then to top it off, the worst OL performance of the year.

Wins are good in the moment. How a team actually performs and how you can project that performance is where actually feeling good or feeling bad about the season takes shape.
  19. lane

lane The Chairman

10,882 Messages
    785 Likes Received

:laugh2:
  20. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,003 Messages
    1,098 Likes Received
    24th in offense. 28th in defense. 23rd in point differential. 2-8 record.

Why do people have to talk themselves into thinking this team is better than it is?