1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs Browns Post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,429 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Yet he came out after a big catch? Why? To catch your breath, or was it the RHM's doing?
  2. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,281 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    He has subtly in the past, but one thing's for sure, he's never taken blame squarely himself. For anything. Ever.

If his wife yelled at him for putting an empty box of milk back in the fridge, he'd say "We need to get better and making sure that doesn't happen again. We want to be able to build good breakfasts on top of good breakfasts, and an empty milk carton will not help that process."
  3. cajuncocoa

cajuncocoa Bleeding silver and blue Zone Supporter

2,473 Messages
    392 Likes Received
    I believe you're right, and even if (by some miracle) they made the playoffs due to a major collapse of teams ahead of them, they would be one and done. And the one would not be pretty.
  4. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    To be fair, it's both.
  5. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,045 Messages
    1,165 Likes Received
    He never had control of the ball.
  6. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,931 Messages
    7,683 Likes Received
    In this case, it was a starter RT who caused a lot today's problems, so I won't put up much of an argument, but losing your LT, and juggling your line to put a mediocre OG at OC in place of your injured backup OC in order to get Derrick Dockery on the field, I'd say that qualifies as injuries being part of the problem.
  7. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,259 Messages
    1,325 Likes Received
    Just curious, do any of you fellow Cowboys fans actually think we have a shot at winning anything this year? I'm asking honestly.
  8. honyock

honyock Well-Known Member

1,401 Messages
    533 Likes Received
    In addition to the punt return, he had 3 catches - I think all in the 4th quarter/OT - and the PI call. I just hope they keep putting him on the field on offense.
  9. dallasfan4lizife

dallasfan4lizife Well-Known Member

2,768 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    play this man more, been saying it all season
  10. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They were bad before the injuries. The oline has been bad for years.
  11. Ren

Ren Well-Known Member

11,087 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    Harris looked decent replacing Ogletree late in the game
  12. MegaMagick

MegaMagick Active Member

6,336 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    This offense would really be something if it was freed from Garrett's control, his gameplan/playcalling is dragging this team down.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,671 Messages
    9,900 Likes Received
    Or give up a 7th round pick for another C who isn't any better than the slop you already have.
  14. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I disagree I think it was a fumble.
  15. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,931 Messages
    7,683 Likes Received
    No kidding. He's playing great. I think he deserves a serious look (read: inside track) for WR3. He makes the plays when he's called on, and the guy we've got ahead of him right now doesn't do that reliably enough.
  16. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,155 Messages
    1,687 Likes Received
    Harris can play. I am not sure he is a #1 or #2, but he should develop into a consistent role player. And to think we cut him and let him hit the street at one point last season.
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,671 Messages
    9,900 Likes Received
    He would be my 3rd WR going forward. He looks like he could be a real nice player in the offense.
  18. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,523 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Yes, I thought it was a great comeback by the team with everyone pitching in to take the lead.

Then everyone pitched in to lose the lead (defense let's them drive to the 1, offense only gains 2 yards on 3 runs, special teams only nets about 20 on the punt and then the defense let's them score a TD on the next play.

But then it was the good drive to get into FG range (just not quite enough time to seal the deal in regulation), offense/defense/ST win the field position battle to let the second drive begin in Browns territory (32 yards better than first drive) and then the offense drove it into FG range and Bailey sealed the win.

This team is amazing the way they just seem to keep digging even when they get off to bad starts. Unlike the Giants game we finished this one. Unlike the Ravens game Bailey hit the FG at the end.

The Browns are not patsies. That defense hits hard, Richardson runs hard and all the players play hard - kind of like Tampa that gave us a similar game.
  19. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,964 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    It's on them both. I agree completely with you on Romo and the awareness. 100%.

But the play never should have been called. We should have iced the game right then with short passes or runs.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,281 Messages
    1,230 Likes Received
    I think a winning season would be a victory.

This game is a perfect microcosm of our Dallas Cowboys. Capable of greatness and great folly on any given play.