1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

***Cowboys vs Browns Post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Crown Royal

Crown Royal Insulin Beware

10,054 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    No doubt. I just feel like Harris could have come back a little earlier and stronger. He was definitely interfered with but it could have also been a catch.

No big deal in the end, but we need someone to play the outside so Austin can work the middle and that means a lot of strong post play.
    That's my biggest beef. 1st and 20, all the momentum, time is on your side and you just need a field goal to put tons of pressure on the Cleveland offense.

Calling a 5 step drop with vertical routes when the pass rush has been killing us is just an awful idea.

All that said, Romo should have protected the ball better so don't think that I am saying he had nothing to do with it. They both showed poor judgement, room and garret.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    The shame of it all is that Doug Free, my pet cat, is stinking up the joint beyond belief. I mean, the guy is putrid.
  3. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

14,526 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    If this team even had a mediocre oline, they'd be very good.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,258 Messages
    454 Likes Received
    And Cleveland's lucky Murray, Sean Lee and some of our other olinemen that are hurt didn't play. My point is injuries are part of the game.Who's to say Jaden wouldn't have been just as bad as his replacements.
  5. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I would like to know how well Orton would have done behind this Oline today. Chime in all you Romo haters.
  6. fanfromvirginia

fanfromvirginia Inconceivable!

4,009 Messages
    163 Likes Received
    It is sad to say that that is probably a good idea at this stage. Free is the weakest link.
  7. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

5,388 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    It was a similar experience as having my wisdom teeth removed.
  8. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,367 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    Oh, I agree with that, but nothings gonna change this year, right?

We're stuck with what we've got, so the only hope I have is they can somehow squeak out a win Thursday and then get the original starters and Murray back on the field post thanksgiving and then shove our heads in the sand and hope for a miracle
  9. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

19,891 Messages
    5,523 Likes Received
    He brought it into his other arm and shuffled it around until he was stripped. I saw it clearly. I'm going to assume you didn't. It was so obvious that even the announcers quickly determined it.
  10. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received

Garrett is completely clueless as a coach. That much is apparent by now.
  11. Dallas31

Dallas31 Member

445 Messages
    0 Likes Received

this pretty much sums up my thoughts.....

then we will miss out on Holmgren and Payton....

Next year Garrett will tank and get fired, and the candidates won't be as good....
  12. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,367 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    agreed, I don't understand why he feels this is such an unreasonable statement
  13. Aven8

Aven8 Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    749 Likes Received
    That's where you are wrong. The play calling and overall team would still be a mess. Just a better mess. The RHM gots to go.
  14. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    I can see JG calling for longer developing routes with an average line. Romo might get sacked more because of it.
  15. Howardlittleton64

Howardlittleton64 Benched

664 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looked secure in the arm to me. Forgive me if I am not convinced because you saw it clearly and the announcers said he bobbled it.

The announcers last week said the Dez td wasn't a td yet people here argued like crazy that it was. The announcers saying something means nothing to me. They mentioned the bobble when he switched arms. I didn't see any movement after he moved the ball to his right arm.
  16. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,129 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    Yes, the title is correct. We really needed to lose thus game to get Jerry off this ridiculous "we are headed in the right direction" crap. Winning games like this against awful opponents keeps the playoff talk alive. Not what we need
  17. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I can't stand fans like this
  18. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,914 Messages
    1,681 Likes Received
    I've been saying for at least 2 weeks the Browns were a tougher team than their record would indicate.

That's part of the reason why the whole idea of a "cakewalk" 2nd half is a joke.

What a team's record is doesn't say anything about how good they matchup against your own team.

I don't suppose people view the New Orleans game as a cakewalk any more.

Cincy?

Likely not.
  19. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

4,812 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    So why does it take a whole half for JG to get his offense going? Yeh I know this OL sucks but the offense did get things going in the 2nd half.

JG needs two quarters to adjust effectively?
  20. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,812 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    10 free first downs and we needed overtime