1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys vs Eagles Game Thread **Post-Game**

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 11, 2012.

1. thisisepic

thisisepic One and Done

535 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Good win. We should all be happy for today's win. We caused plays that we seemed to never get in as long as I can remember. Now a solid win next week and I can start to get excited. If we lose it's just another reason most of us are so numb to these Cowboys.
  2. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

232 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Big congrats to you guys for the win. For many of the folks on here pouring dirt on your season last week things sure look to be improving for a second half season push for the division!!

The Giants got the Nastynatti Beatdown and the Eagles are in a tailspin. Good luck the rest of the way!
  3. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bring these other guys in later...It always seems to mess up felix's rythem ...It seemed like when Felix wasn't featured anymore the offense slowely got worse...Why take him out on 2nd and 3 ...he was the one that got the most 1st downs up untill that point
  4. e41dalasfan

e41dalasfan New Member

109 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who said Eagles fans don't have class
  5. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,523 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Not eventually it has already bitten us a couple of times.
  6. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

31,886 Messages
    1,663 Likes Received
    Dez's big and strong and while he has very good change of direction for a guy his size when running at full speed, he hasn't shown a ton of ability to shake a guy loose right off the line. Not that it was ever his game. Size, strength and athleticism is where beast the guy across from him. Not to say he can't really accelerate because he can, especially when the ball is in his hands but I think more along the lines of being able to stop himself is where he's hampered.

Ogletree doesn't seem quick at all. He seems a lot closer to Robinson in that they are straight-line guys who need a few steps to build up the speed to separate.

Of the starting WRs, the only one who can get separation right off line is Austin.

This is what I have said a couple of times about Beasley. He's small and quick. Like most really small guys at the NFL level, they're just falt out quick.

I think he really needs to see more time in place of Ogletree. Dallas needs someone who can win immediately off the line in order to give Romo a quick option in the face of the pass rush that is usually always breathing down his neck.

It was encouraging to see him out there today Troy pointed out a matchup he believed Romo was eyeing on the incomplete down the sideline to Dez.

I really want to see him out there more.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

27,959 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    ^I'm going with "Not really a Philly fan" for 500, Alex.
  8. Fastphilly

Fastphilly Member

232 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Thanks for the compliment but I'm a 49ers fan. My name is Phillip and my nickname is Fastphilly due to my talents back in the day mixing on turntables..LOL!!!

I think I need to update my signature so its noted as being a 49ers fan. I'm on here because you guys are great fans passionate about football and the shear number of members makes this a great site with alot of discussion activity.

Peace to all:)
  9. anava

anava Well-Known Member

1,523 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    On the long TD pass where Sensi seemed to let his guy go while he ran to the sideline. What was Ware doing he had a clean shot at Foles and went to tackle the TE?
  10. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    My guess is that Ware was told to key on the middle screen to the TE on that play. He saw Harbour make a move and thought he could break up the play. Otherwise I have no idea why he didn't go after Foles and plant him.
  11. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

4,716 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    yes, but I would have loved a "welcome to the nfl rookie" nasty hit even if it gave up yards or a first down.
  12. crashintonickdm

crashintonickdm Active Member

701 Messages
    144 Likes Received
    the 3rd quarter ended with an ugh, another loss, and then not even 5 minutes later, it was a party.

good job cowboys. bout time the DEF and ST stepped up
  13. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

10,995 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    Today felt really good. We should all cherish this victory after all the crap we have witnessed over the last few years. We had big plays in all phases of the game. Even had a pick 6 by a CB! Even Spencer had one that was called back, but still great to see the defense generate turnovers. The ineptitude of Nick Foles had a lot to do with it, but I'll take it however we can get it. Hope the Cowboys can build on this win and turn the season around in the 2nd half.
  14. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    Can't see rejoicing in anyone's injury, friend or foe.
  15. FLcowboy

FLcowboy Hopeful this is the year Zone Supporter

3,640 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    But the Cowboys should be a better and different team also.
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

10,508 Messages
    902 Likes Received
    I would never wish for something to happen to anyone, but after what we have been through, after what the Eagles have done to us in the past, and after what Mike Vick did to "man's best friend", .. it doesn't bother me at all that the Dallas defense roughed little Mikey up a bit, .. or a lot.

Good football, manhandle the opposing teams QB.