1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Cowboys Vs Eagles ***Game Thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Cbz40, Oct 8, 2006.

1. wxcpo

wxcpo Active Member

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received

How do you defend Roy "Toast" Williams? Burned on 2 long plays that led to Egirls TDs. Sure Bledsoe contributed greatly to today's loss, but our secondary gave up their fair share of big plays that contributed us to losing this game.
  2. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,366 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  3. kdog

kdog Member

155 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we won't go to the superbowl with drew as our qb. Parcells will retire and zimmer will hopefully get the axe. thank god!!!
  4. KC10Sooner

KC10Sooner Member

117 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Bledsoe shouldn't have thrown the ball, but Witten was held in the endzone. Can't beleive the refs didn't call that. How many offensive pass interference calls have we gotten this year and then we don't get the obvious call. No way that interception should stand. Refs gave that one to the home team...
  5. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,842 Messages
    59 Likes Received
    Hmmm....we must be getting swamped.

I can't even post a thread.

Really a good game...entertaining.

We gave it away though.

Right now, we're not good enough to overcome so many stupid mistakes.
  6. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just do not know what to say

I'm not done with this team... but for now, I'm done believing in them
  7. NickZepp

NickZepp Well-Known Member

2,486 Messages
    92 Likes Received
    Drew isn't a great QB. But he can make all the throws when he has time. He'll beat good teams. He's better then anyone else we have at QB now or anyone we've had at QB since Aikman. But I agree he does hold the ball too long. And he did make some bad throws. But he wasn't why we lost today. The defense did their part and the Eagles just outplayed us.
  8. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It not hard to lose a road game against a good team when you shoot yourself in the foot constantly. How times did Bledsoe get sacked today? How many picks did he throw? Didn't he also fumble a few?
  9. sk0aL

sk0aL New Member

892 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bledsoe choked it away but you gotta put some blame on the secondary for so much blown coverage. That 63 yard pass to LJ Smith, the 2 long TD passes, it just goes on. I really thought our defense would win us the game today but they just didn't show up.
  10. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

25,787 Messages
    1,190 Likes Received

Good game! Congrats to you Eagles! Good luck the rest of the way! ;)
  11. lspain1

lspain1 Active Member

4,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Folks, Bledsoe was awful on that last "drive" but the rest of the offense gave him no support for the whole third quarter.
  12. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,028 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    Remember ten years ago, the Eagles did this to us in Dallas. It was almost a replay of the same situation. Aikman threw the pick back then.
  13. TrIpLeTs06

TrIpLeTs06 New Member

166 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Donovan McNabb is a freakin beast. nuff said.

he had those stats without stallworth. imagine them with him. mcnabb is such a playmaker. its ridiculous. the dude is nasty.
  14. GoCowboysGo

GoCowboysGo Active Member

942 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    So many here said McNabb (McFlabb, etc.) sucks, and he's overrated.

Where are those guys?
  15. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,228 Messages
    209 Likes Received
    I'm still trying to figure out how he mistook Shepperd for a Dallas receiver. There wasn't a Cowboy in the same f****** zip code!

God I'm so sick watching that ***wipe snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bang2:

SS

:star:
  16. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    one was clearly the blown coverage...that might not have been his fault...we wont know unless its specifically addressed by Parcells

the other...well, when you let a QB have 5yrs to throw, bad things will happen...other than 3 or 4 plays McNabb had all year to throw...he had receivers open all over the place too, and those guys are the picture of mediocrity at WR

it was just a horribly coached game in all facets

David
  17. KC10Sooner

KC10Sooner Member

117 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    There was no cowboy there because Witten was held making his break. Go back and watch. What a joke?
  18. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    pretty easy to play pitch and catch when your almost never rushed...he was taking 7 step drops alot and still had all year to throw

there just isnt any excuse for our defense, with these players to get these kinds of results

David
  19. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Never once in this game when we had the lead did I ever feel that we would hold onto it

S.O.S, different day
  20. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

6,583 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Wonder how Drew feels about his comments earlier in the week regarding the Eagles blitzing him.

Ya they brought the blitz and you could not find the open weapons you bragged about :bang2: