1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Game: ***Cowboys vs Packers post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Kingsham

Kingsham Active Member

418 Messages
    89 Likes Received
    it may not have been 4...but the commentators said something of that nature.
  2. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

7,054 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    I could buy this because it looked like it was a designed run play and Romo improvised after avoiding the sack and made a terrible decision.
  3. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,639 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    i am glad this is coming out. yeah, Garrett deserves blame, but Romo should be right there in stride with him. IT was a horrible idea to give him more control.
  4. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,717 Messages
    686 Likes Received
    Oh, it's not nearly all his fault, but he's definitely in the mix to blame. Just can't keep doing this.
    TheXFactor likes this.
  5. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,993 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received
    i missed what dez did...please enlighten me. why is he getting talked about on NFL Network
  6. DWhite Fan

DWhite Fan It ain't over 'til it's over

5,382 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    The Packers out scored Dallas in the 4th 20-7...
  7. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,078 Messages
    776 Likes Received
    I'm still speechless about this. I can't think of a worse coached game of football I have ever seen.
    peeblesri likes this.
  8. mldardy

7,054 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    I counted 7 runs by Murray in the 2nd half.
  9. DallasCowboysRule!

DallasCowboysRule! Well-Known Member

1,664 Messages
    325 Likes Received
    He bascally blamed this on Romo by saying he checked out of the run. No accountability. No leadership
  10. Gemini Dolly

6,639 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    These final games, they need to sit Romo down and say you run the plays being called and if not, we putting Orton.
  11. Plankton

Plankton Well-Known Member

2,174 Messages
    848 Likes Received
    I'm just utterly speechless right now, but thankfully, the fingers work.

Absolutely stunning, absolutely inexcusable, absolutely mindboggling. They had a golden opportunity to reclaim this division, and put the pressure on the Eagles, and they completely spit the bit.

Not even in movies are games lost like this. Jerry wanted relevance and column inches - he will get it in spades, and it won't be pretty.

This game was lost in the first half. Forget the defensive collapse. The offense left way too many points on the field in the first half. Romo didn't throw a deep pass worth a damn in this game, and his errant deep passes led to points being left on the field.

While I am not normally one to complain about playcalling, clearly, there is a disconnect on this coaching staff. They just do not grasp situational play whatsoever. The ratio was bad in Madden gamer terms, but looked horrendous, especially when you saw that the Packers made their comeback largely on the legs of Eddie Lacy. Get this - the Packers, who were losing by 23 at the half, ran the ball more than the Cowboys did in the second half? How is that even possible?

Romo, despite throwing for 353 today, was not good today. Way too many underthrown balls. The coaching staff did him no favors, but he was not good. Both interceptions were terrible throws. He has the ability to check off at the line, but did not check to the run game against an opponent who is awful against the run. Just unreal.

The defense at this point just defies logic. I thought that the defense in 1989 and 2000 was bad, but this just takes the cake. Completely ineffectual. While the LBs are banged up, the defensive line is completely worn out. It's funny - Jason Hatcher didn't play against the Saints because he didn't want to put bad tape out there. His last three games are the embodiment of bad tape. Hatcher was completely abused by Josh Sitton today - thoroughly manhandled. DeMarcus Ware can't beat a spare like David Bakhtiari despite being single blocked most of the game. This was what I was worried about at the beginning of the year, with these guys being completely worn down, but it's a reality. Without anything resembling a pass rush, the subpar safeties are being exposed, and Brandon Carr is being taken to the woodshed. A total and utter collapse.

I can't say it enough - this entire coaching staff needs to be relieved of their duties at season's end. This coaching staff completely failed the team today, and led them to defeat. Not much left to say. I will take it a step further - even if they make the playoffs, which I do not believe that they will, they should be fired.

I would not be surprised to see the players questioning the coaching staff in comments after the game, and when faced with any adversity over the next two games, quit on the coaches. Looking at the players on the sidelines, they do not look like they believe anymore.

Just like a large segment of the fanbase.
    Corso and Air Force One like this.
  12. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    We are cursed, plain and simple. As the #1 Packer hater in the world, I am beyond humiliated. Giving up a 23 point lead in one half is just flat out quitting. Sick to my stomach.
  13. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    I saw him leaving the field before the game was over so I would have to believe they are feasting on that
  14. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,656 Messages
    1,348 Likes Received
    I'm not surprised. This is the same crap JG did against Detroit few years back. We were up by gazillion points. Murray was ripping off 5-6 yards but JG kept calling pass plays. And, like today, we lost.
  15. Gemini Dolly

6,639 Messages
    676 Likes Received
    IT was about a minute and change left in the game and he was already heading to the lockeroom.
  16. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,467 Messages
    951 Likes Received
    We're the only team in the league that scored 36 or more points this week and lost. There is a reason for that - we have no pass rush anyway and our top four linebackers weren't on the field in the 2nd half.
  17. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,606 Messages
    128 Likes Received
  18. dupree89

dupree89 Well-Known Member

1,993 Messages
    1,127 Likes Received

please, stop.
  19. mldardy

7,054 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    When you are up 23 points at the half. The game was not lost. You should never lose a game like that.
  20. alohawg

alohawg Active Member

1,242 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    The crew on SC laughing their butts off at what a joke Dallas is........:(
    peeblesri likes this.