1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Game: ***Cowboys vs Raiders post game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Nov 28, 2013.

1. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,364 Messages
    923 Likes Received
    Yep, a team that dares to play the Cowboys is doomed to be sitting on their couches come playoff time. That's two in a row.
  2. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Yes, but that's W, L, W, L, W, W. This is the first time this season we've broken the pattern, I believe.
  3. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,644 Messages
    905 Likes Received
    Yep. And when a team has their season on the line? They throw it all out there.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,534 Messages
    8,484 Likes Received
    Not really. I refuse to lower my acceptance bar and rejoice for coming back two scores to beat a bad Raiders team on Thanksgiving day.

This was more a feeling of relief than an inspiring win. Thank God we were playing the Raiders.
  5. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,239 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    Agreed.

That opening kickoff/fumble recovery for TD was the equivalent of a heart punch.

It seemed like it took the team a little while to shake off the affects.
  6. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,161 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Yes, for the first time since the Denver game, I felt our offense finally found its stride ... although I think the effort was more comparable to the St. Louis game.
  7. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,239 Messages
    2,873 Likes Received
    Without the opening kickoff snafu, the Cowboys would have won a laugher IMO.
    Idgit, Boyzmamacita and roughneck266 like this.
  8. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

383 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    I have to give credit where credit is do, I love the way the JG made adjustments at halftime and the boys came out to play in the 2nd half of the game. They came out to play in the 2nd half and did a great job making a come back and getting this win. I'm very happy with 7-5 and I can't wait for Chicago in 11 days. :)
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,714 Messages
    3,929 Likes Received
    I agree. That takes the wind out of a lot of team's sails.
  10. vlad

vlad Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

1,067 Messages
    74 Likes Received
    I was most excited about the way the offense played in that 2nd half...balance, smart play design, good use of talent...getting Witten back in the mix. Hopefully that pace and use of both backs will continue.

Now if we can only get the freaking play called earlier so we come to the line with like 15 seconds to go instead of 8!
  11. Risen Star

21,534 Messages
    8,484 Likes Received
    Did we make adjustments? Did the defense play better? Or did we just play the Raiders?
    lwehlers likes this.
  12. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

2,999 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I expected a low key, easy win. I didnt expect it happening until 4th quarter. I will take it; however.
  13. jobberone

37,714 Messages
    3,929 Likes Received
    I wish they would open up the offense a little. We lead the league in fewest turnovers. Now a part of that is the conservative play. We're also losing some close games by not turning Romo loose.
  14. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,786 Messages
    785 Likes Received
    THere are no easy games in this league. Even against a bad Raiders team. They were primed and ready to play being that it was Thanksgiving. We could have easily crapped this game away but didn't. Give us credit for the comeback and give them credit for coming to play. There really isn't much separation in this league anymore between good, average, and bad. The bad can and have beaten the good. Seattle had to come back from 21 points down against a winless Tampa Bay at home to win. the Colts were blown out at home by a bad Rams team and on and on. We weathered the storm and won against a team that came to play. I like how we fought back.
    guag and 30yrheel like this.
  15. jobberone

37,714 Messages
    3,929 Likes Received
    Yes we made adjustments. We backed off press coverage while still playing some man under and we dropped the LBers deeper into coverage which cut off some passing lanes.
    ohiocowboysfan25 likes this.
  16. Risen Star

21,534 Messages
    8,484 Likes Received
    Nope. I do not agree.

The Dallas Cowboys used to stand for something. I will not be okay with simply being one of the pack.

Hey, guys...it's okay. Look at the Bengals.

Feh.
  17. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,406 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    I think we beat the Sheagles and forskins back to back.
    TheXFactor likes this.
  18. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,598 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Most impressed by the running game. Murray and Dunbar both had some good runs.
  19. ohiocowboysfan25

ohiocowboysfan25 Active Member

383 Messages
    27 Likes Received
    A bad Raiders team or not, the def held them to 3pts in the 2nd half which I can't complain about and never will. As I kept hearing about KC, you can only play the teams on your schedule, you don't get to play who you want, when you want. I'm not claiming that Dallas is now world beaters or anything but I'm happy with their adjustments during halftime and the way they played in the 2nd.
    jobberone and Boyzmamacita like this.
  20. 30yrheel

30yrheel Well-Known Member

2,598 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    Today s NFL. Parity is what they want